It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Locking threads instead of informing members? 
CVO Member

So... :hmmm:

Whats up with locking the thread after making some pretty non-specific statements about what the CVO is doing or not doing this year?

Why would questions about this stuff only be suitable to ask in private?

Isn't one of the benefits of this forum that the club leadership can easily answer questions, address concerns or (gasp) be complimented?

Without newsletters, or update emails, we do not all know what is going on, or not going to be going on. So - why not take this opportunity to give us a quick state of the CVO, and what we plan to do going forward update, instead of getting defensive?

Fell free to use this thread, the locked one, or even better start a fresh one with a descriptive title.

thanks,

A2 Golf H-Production race car
Jetta Coupe H-Production race car
2005 20v Gulf Stream Independence - vacation home/tow vehicle

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:40 am
CVO Director

Well I will first start off by apologizing as my annoyance got the best of me yesterday.

To give everyone a run down of where things stand here it goes:

Currently there are only Two board members left: Nick Otte and Myself.
    After last years Motorsports Season and Treffen, CVO is in a tough state financially
    Due to said tough state there will be no Motorsports Events
    Treffen is being worked on, but slowly as I have many other obligations and trying to plan it on your own is some what difficult

Now instead of everyone sitting here complaining left and right about things I'd like to see home people offer help.

Cause it seems like everyone wants everything, but no part in actually making it happen.

Yes the Winter and Summer cruises will still be going on, and we'll go get fat as some think we do, but in the end we get constant attendance of old and new members. In addition, people enjoy these events and they're a lot of fun. Gets people out and about to do things.

Friday night meets will also be going on as well, giving old and new enthusiasts a chance to meet new people and learn more about their cars and the VAG world.

So yes feel free to comment, suggest and/or complain away :yes:

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:49 am
CVO Member

Thanks!

I will echo the comment that if members want to see some more events taking place, we should get directly involved in planning them. In a volunteer run organization, it can be too easy to assume that someone else will do the leg work, and then the few that step up get really burned out really fast.

Too bad to hear about the financial impact of the auto-crossing season. Maybe we should look at whether we can partner with other clubs, or focus on fewer events at a more affordable venue (is Tire Rack still free?). Just thinking out loud.

We could also consider including other organization events on our calendar, and managing our own classing and points within that event.

Heck - the SCCA has a number of track day type events scheduled this year. We could include these on our motorsports calendar as well, without taking on the rental and insurance cost risk.

I personally think that the drives and cruises represent the core of the club. This is about getting together with cars and people, and catching up or meeting new folks. I think these events have been done really well over the past few years, and want to thank whomever has been driving that bus.

A2 Golf H-Production race car
Jetta Coupe H-Production race car
2005 20v Gulf Stream Independence - vacation home/tow vehicle

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:07 pm
CVO Member

I would like to step up to the plate and volunteer at helping Treffen happen.

I really enjoy all the meets. I'm not much of an autoX guy so I will keep my nose out of that.

Times are tough and it's hard to spend money on hobbies. Everyone knows this.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:02 pm
CVO Forums User

Ok, first I need to apologize for my remarks about the cruises and folks getting fat like their cars. I was a little pissed off about the silence on that post even if the CVO director does have time to reply on cruises topic.

I heard that members have not renewed their memberships, the old CVO used to have their members send it a check to the po box address or at a event. Someone always made sure memberships where paid amd current.
Last 2 years that I renewed where handled differently so I don't know if $$ was mismanaged.

When Jake took over after Tony bailed as motorsport director I was helping out at every motorsport event along with Treffen so I can say that I always supported the event that I took part in.

The club needs to start with checking current list of members which need to renew and old members to return to the club. Not sure how it can be done but we should have contact info stored somewhere.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:53 pm
CVO Forums User

Also, this club/organizations back bone was the motorsports events which brought in the $$. We as members and leaders (2peeps) should make 2013 the year to look over what is needed to bring back the motorsport events, advertise like we never did before. I remember when we first allowed non vag cars run with us and how many of those drivers came back the next month and the month after that. The reason they kept coming back was because of the way CVO ran things.

Maybe some of the O.Gs should assist the new generation on how to get things going again. I'm willing to renew my membership a.s.a.p.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:36 pm
CVO Forums User

A quick 2 cents from me. As far as the auto-x events go, I know that more than one company offered to sponsor those events but nothing ever became of that. Perhaps that needs to be revisited again. If you need my help, just let me know.

12 Golf TDI
10 Sportwagen TDI
90 Eunos Roadster

Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:15 am
CVO Forums User

Grip Driver wrote:
A quick 2 cents from me. As far as the auto-x events go, I know that more than one company offered to sponsor those events but nothing ever became of that. Perhaps that needs to be revisited again. If you need my help, just let me know.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:35 pm
CVO Director

Okay, a look at where things stand with our Organization. I figure we open things up a bit and get insight and help from our fellow members.

Treffen 2013: Because of the state of CVO and it's future, it is best to take this year to re-organize CVO and get it back on it's feet, let alone trying to keep it afloat. Treffen will not be a possibility this year. I know this is not what you would all like to hear, but unfortunately as it stands CVO does not even have a penny to it's name. :no: I have been discussing a smaller potluck show/picnic that would not cost much and could possibly be paid for with personal money.

Sponsorship: Grip Driver mentioned sponsorship that was not pursued. This is an idea I want to consider. Please let me know of these companies and I can work with them; with your help. I have attempted sponsorships before but it must have been too late in the season and companies budgets were booked for the following year. If anyone has any leads or ideas, please send them my way so that they can be pursued. Additionally, if anyone would like to help with this aspect, again please PM me.

2013 Doings: As Sir Revalot brought up we need to advertise our Auto Cross events. Since there is no season this year, I would like to encourage our members to run with other local clubs to get to know other enthusiasts that share in your hobby. By doing this we could get more people out to our events. More of a "scratch your back, you scratch my back" deal. I do know how upsetting this is, at the CVO Motorsports party, many non-Volkswagen owners expressed that CVO has put on the best events they have ever attended. It pains me to hear since I personally agree with them.

CVO Future: This is a tough subject and an even tougher decision to make. This decision was brought to my attention before and I brushed it off thinking that CVO could do more. Unfortunately it seems that we can only do/be CVO Motorsports or CVO Treffen. Due to rising costs of both, we are forced to only choose one or the other.

Trust me, The fate of CVO was not something I believed I would have to deal with when taking up the Director Position. I am open to everyone's ideas if they are brought to the table in a manner that can be useful to reviving CVO. I refused to believe CVO would fall, and was planning to devote my personal time this year to see what can be done. I would be open to your help if you are willing to devote that time with me. We can set up a meeting to discuss these topics; bring with you any ideas you have. Please post your availability below so we can set up a time. Feel free to post ideas below to be discussed as well.

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:12 pm
CVO Forums User

I'm still kinda new here but I can try and help out. Just let me know. :cool2:

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:00 pm
CVO Forums User

Being on the board is a lot of work...it really takes a lot time and effort to pull off these events. As a former board member I can attest to that. Thank you remaining board for staying committed to your post!

I wonder why our autoX were not making any money? in the past the Auto X series really helped to pay for everything else that the club did.

Crazy! This club has made me many friends and 2 that I will probably hang out with for the rest of my life. I really hope that things work out and people can continue to make and grow friendships with the clubs help.

Members step up! Pay it forward!

"Sometimes my shifting does not get along with my myfast!"

"My boat has more horse power then my VW did!"

Sun May 12, 2013 9:03 am
CVO Forums User

I will admit I am guilty of not renewing my membership cause I never friggin remember to do so. I would love to be able to hand someone cash at a meet to get me up to date on that. I also Volunteer for Treffen. I usually do anyway except last year's event due to a family gathering.

Thu May 16, 2013 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]