Importing VW Lupo GTI

This discussion forum is for any general discussions related specifically to the CVO.
sirhannick
CVO Forums User

Importing VW Lupo GTI

Post by sirhannick » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:44 am

Hi,I really like the VW GTI and the VW R32, but I really want something different that you don't see every day. No that I see a R32 every day, but you know what I mean. Do any of you guys have experience importing European model VWs? Is it realistic? Will I have issues with emissions? I've been looking into the VW Lupo GTI which is actually quite a quick car for the mileage that it gets. I know it takes 95 octane which we don't have here, but I bet it will run on 93 no problem. Thanks for your help in advance.

brandon002
CVO Forums User

Re: Importing VW Lupo GTI (sirhannick)

Post by brandon002 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:24 pm

From what I know and have read it is quite expensive and a real pain in the rear to get done. I don't know if it would be worth it for a car like a Lupo. Look into shipping companies that specialize in shipping cars overseas. You can get pricing, also maybe contact the EPA about emissions and US customs about importing regulations for automobiles.

Grip Driver
CVO Forums User

Re: Importing VW Lupo GTI (brandon002)

Post by Grip Driver » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:39 pm

By the time you got done with all the fee's and federalizing the car, you could probably buy two R32's. The car needs to meet certain crash standards, safety standards and emissions. Not worth it IMO