How about...

This discussion forum is for any general discussions related specifically to the CVO.
VR6 Jetta
CVO Forums User

How about...

Post by VR6 Jetta » Fri Jul 05, 2002 5:31 pm

...separate cruise nights?For those like myself, not inclined to go into the city for cruise night (or any other time, for that matter), I propose a 'suburban' cruise night. Two locations jump to mind:* Scooby's on Ogden (y'all know where it is)pros: y'all know where it is.cons: closes early (if it's even open at all when we arrive) small lot, lights out at 10(?) too close to a residential area for those who absolutely must go tearing-ass down the street on a test flight.-AND-* Portillo's on Butterfield Rd, just east of I-355.pros: Open late, great food, large, open parking, well lit all night. Incredibly easy to get to from anywhere, as it is near 2 major highways (I-355, I-88). Same easy access affords a less-unsafe testing ground for those who absolutely must go tearing-ass down the street on a test flight.cons: can't really think of any. If you can, speak up.There it is. An official 'rift' in the cruise-night set-up. Like it, hate it, ignore it, whatever. Fact is, a lot of us would rather crawl though glass naked than drive in Chicago. I'm one.And it ain't pretty, trust me. My vote goes to Portillos. I think it worked very well when we met there, and I see no reason why it shouldn't again.Speak up! [Modified by VR6 Jetta, 7:33 PM 7/5/2002]

Mike Langenfeld
CVO Forums User

Re: How about... (VR6 Jetta)

Post by Mike Langenfeld » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:39 am

They gots BEER! ;-) A schooner 'o suds on a hot evenin' gets my vote.

Grip Driver
CVO Forums User

Re: How about... (upon3)

Post by Grip Driver » Sat Jul 06, 2002 2:48 pm

I think Doug summed it up best, two locations, one for city folk and one for 'burban folk and pehaps meeting up somewhere in the middle a couple times a month
Cheers,
Conrad
The Autobarn City VW
12 Golf TDI
10 Sportwagen TDI
90 Eunos Roadster

VR6 Jetta
CVO Forums User

Re: How about... (Driftin GTI)

Post by VR6 Jetta » Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:38 pm

I think Doug summed it up best, two locations, one for city folk and one for 'burban folk and pehaps meeting up somewhere in the middle a couple times a month
And you somehow missed that point in my original? Nobody said anything about 'somewhere in the middle a couple times a month'.

Weakness
CVO Forums User

Post by Weakness » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:21 pm

I personally am against two different locations for hanging out at. It defeats the purpose of a club... shall I just start up the Shompton Volkswagen Group? I think not.
Kenny...

Mike Langenfeld
CVO Forums User

Re: How about... (Weakness)

Post by Mike Langenfeld » Sat Jul 06, 2002 11:25 pm

I'm with you Ken, Separate meetings ain't exactly the way to bring us together. Besides I'd miss some 'o you mugs. [Modified by Mike Langenfeld, 11:27 PM 7/6/2002]

VR6 Jetta
CVO Forums User

Post by VR6 Jetta » Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:14 am

I personally am against two different locations for hanging out at. It defeats the purpose of a club... shall I just start up the Shompton Volkswagen Group? I think not.
Strange - you expressed none of this last night during our discussion at Scooby's...You seem to miss the point: city people prefer a city location, suburban people prefer a suburban location. Why not have both? Keeps either group from feeling left out.It's not about two separate clubs or a division of the club, and it's specious reasoning to suggest otherwise.

Trevor57
CVO Forums User

Post by Trevor57 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 12:52 pm

i agree with the portillos deal. Is that too far away for the city guys to drive? It seems to me like some people should suck it up and drive an extra 15 minutes. I can't remember the last time I DIDN'T want to take the long way.

VR6 Jetta
CVO Forums User

Re: How about... (cvovp)

Post by VR6 Jetta » Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:02 am

No offense taken, Tom.

vwmann1
CVO Forums User

Post by vwmann1 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:30 am

we are having a board meeting tonight i'm sure that this will be a topic of discussion.

Vr6Matt
CVO Forums User

Post by Vr6Matt » Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:58 pm

I personally am against two different locations for hanging out at. It defeats the purpose of a club... :
agreed!lets just decide on one place and be done with it. i personally don't care anymore where we meet, you all know I'm always going to show up no matter the location. did I spell everything correct "SIR WEAKNESS"?

Weakness
CVO Forums User

Re: How about... (Vr6Matt)

Post by Weakness » Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:30 pm

Please notice the changes I made... I added an apostophe in "don't" and modified "gonna" and made it "going to" to correct your grammar.Vr6Matt =
Kenny...

elicitvr6
CVO Forums User

Post by elicitvr6 » Sat Jul 13, 2002 11:09 am

Hey guys, I know I'm just a newbee to the club but the idea of a more "central" meeting ground sounds like a good idea. This way the city guys don't feel like they're being made to travel to the burbs and the suburbanites don't have to drive through the city. There's a Portillo's on Archer and Harlem that has a massive parking lot, tons of light, is adjacent to a Crispy Cream and gets lots of traffic from other car clubs. Personally, I'll drive out to the burbs or meet in the city, I just wanna cruise and hang out.

Qball
CVO Forums User

Re: How about... (elicitvr6)

Post by Qball » Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:45 am

Hey guys, I know I'm just a newbee to the club but the idea of a more "central" meeting ground sounds like a good idea. This way the city guys don't feel like they're being made to travel to the burbs and the suburbanites don't have to drive through the city. There's a Portillo's on Archer and Harlem that has a massive parking lot, tons of light, is adjacent to a Crispy Cream and gets lots of traffic from other car clubs. Personally, I'll drive out to the burbs or meet in the city, I just wanna cruise and hang out.
I'd be up for meeting at this location. Anyone else??? It looks like a good solution, on paper.

VR6 Jetta
CVO Forums User

Re: How about... (Qball)

Post by VR6 Jetta » Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:07 am

Hey guys, I know I'm just a newbee to the club but the idea of a more "central" meeting ground sounds like a good idea...There's a Portillo's on Archer and Harlem It looks like a good solution, on paper.
How on earth do you figure Harlem and Archer is 'central'? Hell, that's just blocks from Midway Airport! 'Central'?

Weakness
CVO Forums User

Post by Weakness » Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:42 am

SOUTH Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeee representing!
Kenny...

JimmyD
CVO Forums User

Post by JimmyD » Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:08 pm

heh! represent. anyways.... That's not too central, but there IS a Portillos that's on the corner of.... ah crap... I forget... I'll have to get back to y'all, but anyways... it on the corner of a big intersection in Riverside just east of Maywood.... not far from the Eisenhower (I-290) does anyone know which one I'm talking about? It's in a BIG parking lot.... maybe this is a bit more 'central' for us all. It would be about halfway between OakBrook and downtown..mein zwei pfennigs.

VR6 Jetta
CVO Forums User

Post by VR6 Jetta » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:02 pm

SOUTH Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeee representing!
Dork. The Portillo's you speak of is Roosevelt and First, I does believe. Just down the road from West Sub.

the manager
CVO Forums User

Post by the manager » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:04 pm

is there not also one at roosevelt and des plaines - it is in the north riverside mall parking lot right?

VR6 Jetta
CVO Forums User

Re: How about... (the manager)

Post by VR6 Jetta » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:23 pm

N. Riverside Mall is on Cermak at Harlem, isn't it?

Qball
CVO Forums User

Re: How about... (the manager)

Post by Qball » Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:07 pm

is there not also one at roosevelt and des plaines - it is in the north riverside mall parking lot right?
That is right across from Jerry Gleason Chevy in Forest Park. And yes, North Riverside Mall is on Harlem & Cermack

JimmyD
CVO Forums User

Post by JimmyD » Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:54 am

The Portillo's you speak of is Roosevelt and First, I does believe. Just down the road from West Sub.
YES YES!! That's the one! What do you think volks? Wouldn't this particular Portillos be a bit more "central" for the city vs. burbs debate? It's pretty much right between the Portillos we've always gone to on 22nd and the city... you know?

Vr6Matt
CVO Forums User

Post by Vr6Matt » Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:17 pm

[quote]Please notice the changes I made... I added an apostophe in "don't" and modified "gonna" and made it "going to" to correct your grammar.Vr6Matt = Weakness=

Qball
CVO Forums User

Re: How about... (JimmyD)

Post by Qball » Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:10 pm

The Portillo's you speak of is Roosevelt and First, I does believe. Just down the road from West Sub.YES YES!! That's the one! What do you think volks? Wouldn't this particular Portillos be a bit more "central" for the city vs. burbs debate? It's pretty much right between the Portillos we've always gone to on 22nd and the city... you know?
Roosevelt & First Ave is where Loyola is. Roosevelt & Des Plaines is where Portillos is. I like the location. Maybe another poll is in order?

VR6 Jetta
CVO Forums User

Re: How about... (Qball)

Post by VR6 Jetta » Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:15 pm

It's 12-1 for the one on Butterfield. Let it die already.