Treffen Drive-In Movie Night!

Discussion forum for Treffen 2011
KO-R32
CVO Member

Treffen Drive-In Movie Night!

Post by KO-R32 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Come on out to the Midwest Treffen Drive-In Movie night!

Are you wondering what to do Saturday night? Never been to the drive-in? You are in for a special treat!

What: Treffen Night at the Drive-In
Where: Cascade Drive-In - 1100 E. North Ave. West Chicago, IL 60185
When: Saturday - August 13th @ 6:30pm - (the box office opens at 7pm, but let's gather at the drive-in entrance early to assure good parking, if you arrive late just look for all the VW's & Audi's!). First movie starts at 8:30pm, second at 10:30pm.

What else:
  • Saturday's Features are Crazy, Stupid, Love & The Change-Up
  • The cost $9.00 for adults ($5 for ages 5 thru 11, under 5 free!) and gets you both features
  • Bring some charcoal and food to BBQ on the drive-in's grill! No outside grills allowed apparently
  • Pets welcome
  • Full service food concession - $1.00 of corndog or pretzel
  • If you arrive really early or want a late late snack there is a Scooby's Red Hots right next door.
  • Tune to 88.5 FM for stereo sound
  • CASH ONLY
  • Visit their website: http://www.cascadedrivein.com/
Hope to see you there!

~Karl

Fukuroku
CVO Member

Re: Treffen Drive-In Movie Night!

Post by Fukuroku » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:08 pm

Sounds like it could be fun, but IDK if I want drive all the way out there and then to pay $9 for two movies that I have absolutely no interest in watching. :hmmm:

cwwiii
CVO Forums User

Post by cwwiii » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:34 am

Sounds like fun, but I don't really know if I want to drive all the way out there after I've cleaned my car for the show on sunday. Because I live 10 minutes from Oakton
2009 CC 3.6

Randum
CVO Forums User

Post by Randum » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:38 am

Great idea!!! I wish my wife was in town this weekend for a date! I know those are more chick flicks, never went to a drive in movie before though
MK6 GTI
'13 Q5

www.JustinGorson.com

got desl?
CVO Director

Post by got desl? » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:08 pm

After autocross earlier that day, I am going to spend some time cleaning my car for Sunday's show!! Would love to but going to have to pass it up this time
Dawid

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

Fukuroku
CVO Member

Post by Fukuroku » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 pm

got desl? wrote:After autocross earlier that day, I am going to spend some time cleaning my car for Sunday's show!! Would love to but going to have to pass it up this time
Yeah, it'll get dirty especially with the weather. I'm staying at my sister's place in the city for the weekend so I'm probably just going to have to resort to going to a car wash.

trepoman
CVO Member

Post by trepoman » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:06 pm

Great idea Karl!

For those of you unfamiliar with drive in movies, it's a lot of fun. Sound is via a crappy FM transmitter at the drive in, so you need a working radio. BYOB is acceptable for over 21 (although if this is an official cvo thing, IDK)

If you've never been to one, you should do it while you can, drive in movies are dying off - I hadn't realized that the Cascade was even open anymore. I worked at the M&R Twin in Wheeling back in High School - what a riot. It's not there anymore :(

Sir Revalot
CVO Forums User

Post by Sir Revalot » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:43 pm

trepoman wrote:Great idea Karl!

For those of you unfamiliar with drive in movies, it's a lot of fun. Sound is via a crappy FM transmitter at the drive in, so you need a working radio. BYOB is acceptable for over 21 (although if this is an official cvo thing, IDK)

If you've never been to one, you should do it while you can, drive in movies are dying off - I hadn't realized that the Cascade was even open anymore. I worked at the M&R Twin in Wheeling back in High School - what a riot. It's not there anymore :(

Tim???
97 Jetta GLX
93 Passat GLX
93 Yamaha SecaII