It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Midwest Treffen 16 
CVO Member

There is a double tree in Alsip that is less than 10 minutes from Moraine..there is also I think it is still a Hilton on Cicvero Ave in Oak Lawn that is about 15 from Moraine....there are a bunch of seedy ones around the area also...but the 2 I mentioned I would stay at either one.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:28 am
CVO Forums User

erilot wrote:
Any suggestions on a hotel? I made one up in Schaumberg but thinking I should maybe be closer. Coming in Friday.

Unfortunately, most everything is already booked. Many Treffen people booked early I think.

However, When I was researching, there was a country inn and suites in Tinley Park. but Schaumburg won't be too bad, The highway is quick.

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul"

Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:55 pm
CVO Forums User

I agree with Sarah, Schaumburg is good choice in my opinion, and yes the road to chicago is prety fast, i can tell you for fact, in 45 min or so you're at lake shore drive up on the north side...

Vincati_88 wrote:
erilot wrote:
Any suggestions on a hotel? I made one up in Schaumberg but thinking I should maybe be closer. Coming in Friday.

Unfortunately, most everything is already booked. Many Treffen people booked early I think.

However, When I was researching, there was a country inn and suites in Tinley Park. but Schaumburg won't be too bad, The highway is quick.

1998 MK III GLX

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:55 am
CVO Member

Tinely Park is a lot faster to get to Moraine than Shaumburg.....the Country Inn is a decent place to stay...and plenty of places to get food along the way or very near the hotel.......

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:45 am
CVO Member

Thanks for the suggestions just wish had more money to splurg on a fancy hotel.

Blue 2004 R32
Forever VW owner.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:04 pm
CVO Member

it was awesome ! got to put the faces to the screen names finally too.... thanks CVO for an awesome show.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:51 pm
CVO Forums User

It was a great turn out, thanx for everything, it was great spending a day with you guys!

1992 VW GOLF GTI VRT (only 340whp)
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 GSR (around 340hp)
2012 VW Beetle Turbo (somewhere near 200hp)

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:17 pm
CVO Forums User

Btw...weather was great! Not too hot and not too cold!

Last edited by krzysiopl on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:17 pm
CVO Member

I took a few pics, was too busy guiding folks to the right area....
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb24 ... effen2012/

So how many cars did we have ?

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:20 pm
CVO Forums User

Today was great! Had fun! :thumbup:

Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:33 pm
CVO Forums User

DasTeknoViking wrote:

Those are great photos dude!

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:52 pm
CVO Member

thanks, I took them with my phone :) I know I missed a ton of good stuff, but I hope to get the B4 into the show next year done right !

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:54 pm
CVO Forums User

Treffen sure does bring out good people. The best thing was that I ran into quite a few of the OG's today!, the new group of people have taken CVO to another level and it's a good this because this organization needed fresh ideas and leadership, not dissing the OG's yo!

Big thanks go out to all the board members and thier girlfriends, sisters, brothers, cuzns, club members and Karl with a K for making MW Treffen 16 successful !! Also, thanks to all the sponsor!

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:32 pm
CVO Forums User

Sir Revalot wrote:
Treffen sure does bring out good people. The best thing was that I ran into quite a few of the OG's today!, the new group of people have taken CVO to another level and it's a good this because this organization needed fresh ideas and leadership, not dissing the OG's yo!

Big thanks go out to all the board members and thier girlfriends, sisters, brothers, cuzns, club members and Karl with a K for making MW Treffen 16 successful !! Also, thanks to all the sponsor!

I love you Greg.. :love:

Thanks for all your help too!!! Although I am not going to lie.. I am a little deaf after auto-x... :whistle:

RUSTY ONE Image

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul"

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:02 am
CVO Forums User

Vincati_88 wrote:
Sir Revalot wrote:

Thanks for all your help too!!! Although I am not going to lie.. I am a little deaf after auto-x... :whistle:

RUSTY ONE Image

Deaf after autox...hahaha...hell yea...just be glad u weren't in the car with him, heh. I haven't been to last years treffen, but I think this one turned out a lot better then before, we had a lot of cars at the show!

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:32 am
CVO Member

Had a good time. For being sick most of the weekend, nursing a serious tooth ache and someone trying to brake into the Corrado at the hotel :realmad: , it was a good weekend overall. Thanks again for putting on such a great event. Wish I could have made the run this year but my body said NO :sick:

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:45 pm
CVO Forums User

I caught the back end of the cruise and had a good time- and sunday looked like a great turnout, I took some photos I should be posting in the next couple days or so.

Lots of very cool cars and setups!

www.JustinGorson.com

Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
CVO Forums User

This was by far my favorite Treffen of all of them I have attended whether it be a spectator or someone actually in the show. Very nice to see everyone there who I hadn't seen in a while. Greg, the exhaust on your car is awesome :thumbup:

I know I'm not a member of CVO, but I actually had an idea next year I wanted to suggest to the head board member. Anyone know who he/she is?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:29 pm
CVO Motorsports Director

DjBij099 wrote:
This was by far my favorite Treffen of all of them I have attended whether it be a spectator or someone actually in the show. Very nice to see everyone there who I hadn't seen in a while. Greg, the exhaust on your car is awesome :thumbup:

I know I'm not a member of CVO, but I actually had an idea next year I wanted to suggest to the head board member. Anyone know who he/she is?

There is 6 of us, the one in charge of treffen is Vince (vmchurch)

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:34 pm
CVO Member

krzysiopl wrote:
Vincati_88 wrote:
Sir Revalot wrote:

RUSTY ONE Image

Deaf after autox...hahaha...hell yea...just be glad u weren't in the car with him, heh.!

I was behind him in line during heat one and even with my helmet on it was damned loud! Lol

'06 UB Rabbit
'90 Audi Coupe Q (sold)

Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:02 pm
CVO Member

Thank you to all the sponsors, volunteers, board members and everyone that helped out to give everyone there a good time. This was a great show and I'm sure took a lot of work behind the scenes to setup. Thank you again for the great weekend.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:30 am
CVO Forums User

JinTae wrote:
Thank you to all the sponsors, volunteers, board members and everyone that helped out to give everyone there a good time. This was a great show and I'm sure took a lot of work behind the scenes to setup. Thank you again for the great weekend.

Haha, you bet ur ass it took a lot! ;-)

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:43 am
CVO Forums User

No more talking here.. I wanna see PHOTOsSssS!!! :laugh:

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
CVO Forums User

krzysiopl wrote:
DasTeknoViking wrote:

Those are great photos dude!

Never mind.. ;)
here is the photos.. great stuff

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
CVO Forums User

nacg8or wrote:
krzysiopl wrote:
Vincati_88 wrote:
Sir Revalot wrote:

RUSTY ONE Image

Deaf after autox...hahaha...hell yea...just be glad u weren't in the car with him, heh.!

I was behind him in line during heat one and even with my helmet on it was damned loud! Lol

Because, RACECAR..... Next steps are to make it lighter and more suspension upgrades for 2013

Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next