Inexpensive body shop

Having problems with your Volkswagen or Audi? Have questions in regards to upgrades and tuning? This is the place to ask your questions.
thotfulspot

Inexpensive body shop

Post by thotfulspot » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:10 pm

I've got a '89 VW Cabriolet that needs some door dings fixed and a new coat of paint. No rust but the car is from Utah and has oxidation on the black paint.

got desl?
CVO Director

Re: Inexpensive body shop

Post by got desl? » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

thotfulspot wrote:I've got a '89 VW Cabriolet that needs some door dings fixed and a new coat of paint. No rust but the car is from Utah and has oxidation on the black paint.
I know of a shop out in Palatine, A&L Auto Body. Anthony is a great guy, they do awesome work there. Give them a call.
Dawid

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

thotfulspot

Post by thotfulspot » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks. I'd rather find one in the city but I'll check them out.

Dubbin'0n15s
CVO Member

Post by Dubbin'0n15s » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:15 pm

got desl? wrote:
thotfulspot wrote:I've got a '89 VW Cabriolet that needs some door dings fixed and a new coat of paint. No rust but the car is from Utah and has oxidation on the black paint.
I know of a shop out in Palatine, A&L Auto Body. Anthony is a great guy, they do awesome work there. Give them a call.
He said INexpensive lol, but to the op you get what you pay for with bodywork.
:newhere:

eazeonmahjetta
CVO Forums User

Post by eazeonmahjetta » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:17 am

Not sure if you already have this done, but I'd like to put North Avenue Autobody in the conversation. We're in Humboldt park off of North Ave and half a mile east of Pulaski. We have over 20 years of paint and body work experience and i do have some say in pricing. ;-)

Randum
CVO Forums User

Post by Randum » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:29 pm

I have on my right side under my plastic side skirt a nice dent (from going over a snow HUMP) I just saw it while waxing up last weekend. Its fairly hard to notice but would like it cleaned up. Anyone have experience with this stuff? I'll give both places listed here a call. North Ave would be nice and close, I think I'll drop by. @eazeonmanjetta, any good times to drop in on the weekend if you guys are open?
MK6 GTI
'13 Q5

www.JustinGorson.com