Don't forget 24 Hour of LeMans!

Post by Weakness » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:59 am

Kenny...

vmchurch
CVO Assistant Director

Re: Don't forget 24 Hour of LeMans!

Post by vmchurch » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:16 pm

Good race, too bad the Pugs broke and left Audi to collect 1-2-3 :thumbsdown:
"I'm not a serious person, I don't get up and think 'lets have a really serious day today', I usually think 'lets have a bit of a laugh'"

- Clarkson

Weakness
CVO Forums User

Post by Weakness » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:38 pm

broke? More like selfdistructed. 3 of their 4 cars having the same failure

Kenny...

vmchurch
CVO Assistant Director

Post by vmchurch » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Weakness wrote:broke? More like selfdistructed. 3 of their 4 cars having the same failure

Yea but boy were they FAST before they blew up......thats what matters

Reliability is boring :ras:
"I'm not a serious person, I don't get up and think 'lets have a really serious day today', I usually think 'lets have a bit of a laugh'"

- Clarkson

Dubmekanik
CVO Forums User

Post by Dubmekanik » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:25 pm

Looks like somebody favors pugs in here...hehe. Didn't someone once say to win a race you have to first finish it? Thoughts about that d!ck move involving the corvette?
Mobile One Inc VW and Audi performance tuning 847.724.7097
/ General maintenance / Mig+ Tig welding / Standalone eng. management / 2WD Dyno on site
Authorized Unitronic Dealer For Illinois
https://www.facebook.com/MobileOneInc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vmchurch
CVO Assistant Director

Post by vmchurch » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:56 am

Dubmekanik wrote:Looks like somebody favors pugs in here...hehe. Didn't someone once say to win a race you have to first finish it? Thoughts about that d!ck move involving the corvette?

Must have dozed off for a sec and missed it :( What happened??

- Clarkson

Dubmekanik
CVO Forums User

Post by Dubmekanik » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:27 am

I think there was ~ 6.5 hours left. The last pug was being super aggressive besting qualifying times by quite a lot. He came up on the (last?) corvette that raced clean the whole race and passed on the inside of a quick left/right hander forcing the vette off, which smashed the whole rear end off piercing the oil res mounted on the back of the cage. The corvette team replaced the whole back of the car from the cage right behind the driver to the tail lights. I dozed right after they got the car back on the track. This was right after he passed one of the TDI's (not on the same lap) on the shoulder of the track, and then swerved @ him as he drove by.
Mobile One Inc VW and Audi performance tuning 847.724.7097
/ General maintenance / Mig+ Tig welding / Standalone eng. management / 2WD Dyno on site
Authorized Unitronic Dealer For Illinois
https://www.facebook.com/MobileOneInc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vmchurch
CVO Assistant Director

Post by vmchurch » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:54 am

Dubmekanik wrote:I think there was ~ 6.5 hours left. The last pug was being super aggressive besting qualifying times by quite a lot. He came up on the (last?) corvette that raced clean the whole race and passed on the inside of a quick left/right hander forcing the vette off, which smashed the whole rear end off piercing the oil res mounted on the back of the cage. The corvette team replaced the whole back of the car from the cage right behind the driver to the tail lights. I dozed right after they got the car back on the track. This was right after he passed one of the TDI's (not on the same lap) on the shoulder of the track, and then swerved @ him as he drove by.

Sounds like the Pug should have yielded obviously, but this is my only problem with any of the Le mans series.......lower class traffic. If I'm in a P1 and on a flier and I come up to a GT-class car, I'm going to probably want to do everything I can to get by as fast as possible....in a safe way.

Clearly there are good ways of doing this and bad ways......and in a 24-hour race the faster car needs to just back off if its not safe to pass. If i had seen that live I would have been pretty pissed at the Pug, not to mention risking his own car. Just not very smart racing :rolleyes:

- Clarkson

hemidesign
CVO Forums User

Post by hemidesign » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:12 am

talking about Le Mans..for who don't know, I'm the official photographer of America Le Mans Racing until 2015.. here is some photos to share with you guys, enjoy!
btw, this photos are from Road America only, I'll upload the photos from 12h of Sebring later...

(heavy photos.. might take few minutes to load)

DasTeknoViking
CVO Member

Don't forget 24 Hour of LeMans!

Post by DasTeknoViking » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:05 pm

Whoa awesome pics bro ! Would love to go check out the race 1st hand.

got desl?
CVO Director

Post by got desl? » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:59 am

WHOA!! That's amazing!! I'd love to see that race, let alone from your stand point!! Those are some amazing pictures!!
Dawid

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

valladar
CVO Forums User

Post by valladar » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:12 pm