It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:25 am



Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
SPEED TV - Fantasy Racing: GP Edition 
Author Message
CVO Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 4528
Location: Peoria
Anyone do this last year?

Anyone doing it this year? If so we could do a CVO Mini League . . . let me know and I'll create it.
Info & Register: http://gpedition.speedfantasyracing.com

If you register, be sure to join the CVO mini league: Chicago Volkswagen Organization - Password = Ds$3sUke834

Image

_________________
Image

~Karl


Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
CVO Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:48 am
Posts: 685
Location: Aurora
Set mine up, lets see if we can get some other F1 fans in on this (Mark, etc)

Team Name: Mclaren_or_nothing

........was gooing to put Vettel_is_a_baby but why state the obvious

_________________
"I'm not a serious person, I don't get up and think 'lets have a really serious day today', I usually think 'lets have a bit of a laugh'"

- Clarkson

Image


Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:33 pm
Profile
CVO Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 4528
Location: Peoria
I went ahead and created a mini league.
KO-R32 wrote:
If you register, be sure to join the CVO mini league: Chicago Volkswagen Organization - Password = Ds$3sUke834


KO-R32 wrote:
the first race is this weekend and you must have your team together by noon Friday to score points in this weekends race.

_________________
Image

~Karl


Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
CVO Forums User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:49 pm
Posts: 525
Location: Chicago
say for instance....you want to watch racing...but know nothing.....could someone just pick blindly just to have fun? or would this piss off the serious fans?

_________________
MK6 GTI
'13 Q5

www.JustinGorson.com


Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
CVO Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 4528
Location: Peoria
Randum wrote:
say for instance....you want to watch racing...but know nothing.....could someone just pick blindly just to have fun?


I'd say so. Although for it to be fun you'd probably want to watch the races. To do that you'll need the Speed channel. Part of what you're supposed to do is to make "transfers" (changes to your team) race to race as the year progresses and a strong driver/chassis/engine combination emerge.

Randum wrote:
would this piss off the serious fans?


Probably (especially if you pick Fernando Alonso), but don't worry about what Vince says :rofl:

_________________
Image

~Karl


Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
CVO Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:48 am
Posts: 685
Location: Aurora
KO-R32 wrote:
Randum wrote:
say for instance....you want to watch racing...but know nothing.....could someone just pick blindly just to have fun?


I'd say so. Although for it to be fun you'd probably want to watch the races. To do that you'll need the Speed channel. Part of what you're supposed to do is to make "transfers" (changes to your team) race to race as the year progresses and a strong driver/chassis/engine combination emerge.

Randum wrote:
would this piss off the serious fans?


Probably (especially if you pick Fernando Alonso), but don't worry about what Vince says :rofl:



Pick whoever you want, no one beats me :ras:

_________________
"I'm not a serious person, I don't get up and think 'lets have a really serious day today', I usually think 'lets have a bit of a laugh'"

- Clarkson

Image


Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:42 pm
Profile
CVO Forums User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:49 pm
Posts: 525
Location: Chicago
Alright I'm in. I got that nifty little app on my android all ready to go too.

_________________
MK6 GTI
'13 Q5

www.JustinGorson.com


Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
CVO Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 4528
Location: Peoria
Randum wrote:
Alright I'm in. I got that nifty little app on my android all ready to go too.


Yep you're in the league (although last I checked the list hadn't been updated yet).

Is the app for the fantasy racing or from the official F1 website. The item I saw on the latter made me want to get a smart phone. . . although I DVR most of the stuff so it would end up being a spoiler.

First practice from Australia is streaming online tonight at 8:30pm. P2 on Speed tonight at 12:30am.

_________________
Image

~Karl


Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
CVO Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 4528
Location: Peoria
Still almost 14 hours to get your team created & sorted! Justin & Vince are in the league!

_________________
Image

~Karl


Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
CVO Forums User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:49 pm
Posts: 525
Location: Chicago
KO-R32 wrote:
Randum wrote:
Alright I'm in. I got that nifty little app on my android all ready to go too.


Yep you're in the league (although last I checked the list hadn't been updated yet).

Is the app for the fantasy racing or from the official F1 website. The item I saw on the latter made me want to get a smart phone. . . although I DVR most of the stuff so it would end up being a spoiler.

First practice from Australia is streaming online tonight at 8:30pm. P2 on Speed tonight at 12:30am.


I meant just the F1 app that allows you to "view" the races. It has a nice countdown to the next practice/race too. I was looking at the practice one results...not too bad Red Bull team! :bananadance: :bananadance:

Now if theres a way to watch if you don't have speed would be great :hmmm:

_________________
MK6 GTI
'13 Q5

www.JustinGorson.com


Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
CVO Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 4528
Location: Peoria
Randum wrote:

Now if theres a way to watch if you don't have speed would be great :hmmm:


Chances are the first and third practices are your best bet as they are streamed live since they're not broadcast. There are usually 2-3 races on Fox (or is it CBS) but I can't find where the broadcast schedule specifies this.

P3 live streaming tonight at 10pm.

_________________
Image

~Karl


Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
CVO Forums User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:49 pm
Posts: 525
Location: Chicago
I Think it's beginners luck!

_________________
MK6 GTI
'13 Q5

www.JustinGorson.com


Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
CVO Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:48 am
Posts: 685
Location: Aurora
I seriously hope Webber just crashes into Vettel every single qualifying session. That'll teach the team to play favorites.

_________________
"I'm not a serious person, I don't get up and think 'lets have a really serious day today', I usually think 'lets have a bit of a laugh'"

- Clarkson

Image


Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:46 pm
Profile
CVO Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 4528
Location: Peoria
vmchurch wrote:
I seriously hope Webber just crashes into Vettel every single qualifying session. That'll teach the team to play favorites.


I'd of thought with the level of racing here that the conversation would be a little more comparable. This isn't the NASCAR fantasy league. :slap:

I know why Justin leads the mini-league as he had this race set as his double points event. What I don't understand very well is how my drivers finished first and second, yet Vince is beating me. Anyway. . . .

Still time for others to sign up and join the league! With the opportunity for double points in an event anything can happen.

_________________
Image

~Karl


Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
CVO Assistant Director
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:48 am
Posts: 685
Location: Aurora
KO-R32 wrote:
What I don't understand very well is how my drivers finished first and second, yet Vince is beating me. Anyway. . . .



Because Vince also got point for the Renault engine....which powered 1st and 3rd, and I got points for McLaren being in 2nd, and I got points for Lewis finishing 2nd.....

.....in short, because thats just what people named after Lombardi do

_________________
"I'm not a serious person, I don't get up and think 'lets have a really serious day today', I usually think 'lets have a bit of a laugh'"

- Clarkson

Image


Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:25 pm
Profile
CVO Forums User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:49 pm
Posts: 525
Location: Chicago
Yeah I did bank on that double points...now to do some research on the laps to see if I want to change things up for the next race

_________________
MK6 GTI
'13 Q5

www.JustinGorson.com


Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:55 am
Profile YIM WWW
CVO Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 4528
Location: Peoria
Malaysia is coming up this weekend!

It appears you can still join the fantasy racing series without falling behind (based on an update I received via email saying: "The Australian GP (26th/27th March) was a Practice Race. All user points will be reset to ZERO before the Malaysian GP!)"

KO-R32 wrote:
Info & Register: http://gpedition.speedfantasyracing.com

If you register, be sure to join the CVO mini league: Chicago Volkswagen Organization - Password = Ds$3sUke834


Here's a couple vids from my trip to the Malaysian GP back in 2006

_________________
Image

~Karl


Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
CVO Forums User
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:49 pm
Posts: 525
Location: Chicago
Thats upsetting because I had a decent score...

_________________
MK6 GTI
'13 Q5

www.JustinGorson.com


Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
CVO Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 9:19 am
Posts: 4528
Location: Peoria
Live practice streaming in 5 minutes! Here: http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-live-formula-one-video-streaming

_________________
Image

~Karl


Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
Americanized by Maƫl Soucaze.