2012 F1

Discussion forum for all forms of Motorsports from Auto-x, WRC, F1 etc
nacg8or
CVO Member

2012 F1

Post by nacg8or » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:42 pm

http://www.formula1.com/default.html

The new season is less than a week away. Some teams have new drivers but the competitive teams have stayed the same for the most part. It seems Kubica is not well enough to return to racing so he's out. Glad to see three young French drivers in the mix since my homeland hasn't been represented in a while :cool:
Also, the first US GP in several years will take place in its new home in Austin. I just hope that someone can give Vettel a run for his money. Looking forward to Australia on Sunday.
Nic

'06 UB Rabbit
'90 Audi Coupe Q (sold)

Dybz
CVO Member

Re: 2012 F1

Post by Dybz » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:11 pm

do they show F1 on any satellite channels? might try to watch some this year.
Hybrid > Diesel

SteverK
CVO Member

Post by SteverK » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Speed TV carries most of the races with FOX picking up a few of the races during the season.
I went to every USGP at Indianapolis and plan on being in Austin this November for the race.
Steve
2005 A4 1.8t Quattro
2007 GTI Farenheit Edition 602/1200, gone but not forgotten
2003 A6 4.2l Quattro, gone

got desl?
CVO Director

Post by got desl? » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Dybz wrote:do they show F1 on any satellite channels? might try to watch some this year.
Most races are aired Live, meaning crazy hours..usually middle of Saturday nights going into Sunday morning sometimes.

I've been to Montreal and that was amazing...hopefully just maybe I can pull of Austin this year.
Dawid

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

nacg8or
CVO Member

Post by nacg8or » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:58 pm

I've never been to a race but would love to go. Oddly enough I was in Indianapolis the year of the Michelin tire debacle when only six cars raced, but not for the race.

All the races are live on Speed except for the five or six shown on Fox. The Fox coverage is awful since they cut out the pre race segment and the podium. I think you can stream the races online through a British site but I don't know which. As Dawid mentioned, the races are live so many are in the middle of the night since many are in Asia. The races in Europe are usually on at 6am or 7am. I usually end up DVRing them and watching them at a more convenient time.
Nic

'06 UB Rabbit
'90 Audi Coupe Q (sold)

vmchurch
CVO Assistant Director

Post by vmchurch » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:49 am

SteverK wrote: plan on being in Austin this November for the race.
I might be there too :thumbup:

I don't think I've been this excited about a season since 2007 when Lewis just joined McLaren. I can't wait to see how the McLaren does, and how Lewis bounces back from 2011......not to mention how RBR and Ferrari do.

....and just for Steve, I'm sort of looking forward to seeing what Kimi can do with the Lotus. Another team to watch is Force India....they have to very good young drivers and a solid-looking car

In terms of TV coverage, Speed and FOX are all we get. I try to download the BBC coverage, but thats not an option this year. Sky TV will cover it in the UK, so I might try to download that this year. UK coverage usually blows everyone else out of the water:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TJJTTD9jh8
"I'm not a serious person, I don't get up and think 'lets have a really serious day today', I usually think 'lets have a bit of a laugh'"

- Clarkson

got desl?
CVO Director

Post by got desl? » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:54 am

Why don't we ever get the nice stuff.... :realmad:
Dawid

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

shadowbluegti
CVO Member

Post by shadowbluegti » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:10 am

c'mon we got danica AND nascar, what more do you need dawid?

Vincati_88
CVO Forums User

Post by Vincati_88 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:25 am

Nascar has nothing on F1.

Driving the streets in a lightning fast car, taking hairpin turns, flying through tunnels.. That's my kind of fun! :yahoo:
Sarah
'04 R32

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul"

nacg8or
CVO Member

Post by nacg8or » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:59 am

NASCAR blows!!!! WRC, F1, LeMans, and Touring car is where it's at :D
Nic

'06 UB Rabbit
'90 Audi Coupe Q (sold)

vmchurch
CVO Assistant Director

Post by vmchurch » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Vincati_88 wrote:Nascar has nothing on F1.

Driving the streets in a lightning fast car, taking hairpin turns, flying through tunnels.. That's my kind of fun! :yahoo:

I used to agree, and I'll still say F1 is miles ahead in my own opinion. There is plenty to love about all forms of auto racing though

.....except for that ridiculous TDI Cup Series....what a horrible idea :ras:
"I'm not a serious person, I don't get up and think 'lets have a really serious day today', I usually think 'lets have a bit of a laugh'"

- Clarkson

Randum
CVO Forums User

Post by Randum » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm going to try and see if I can watch this year - I am really interested in this DTM racing...love those cars
MK6 GTI
'13 Q5

www.JustinGorson.com

got desl?
CVO Director

Post by got desl? » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:58 pm

vmchurch wrote:
Vincati_88 wrote:Nascar has nothing on F1.

I used to agree, and I'll still say F1 is miles ahead in my own opinion. There is plenty to love about all forms of auto racing though

.....except for that ridiculous TDI Cup Series....what a horrible idea :ras:
:chair: :realmad: :chair: :realmad: :ban:
Dawid

nacg8or
CVO Member

Post by nacg8or » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Grrrrr! Damned red flag during the race! I ran out of recording with ten laps to go even with the added recording time I always add :realmad:
Nic

'06 UB Rabbit
'90 Audi Coupe Q (sold)

KO-R32
CVO Member

Post by KO-R32 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Live streaming practice tonight (P1 @ 9pm) and tomorrow night (P3 @ 10pm): http://stream.speedtv.com/formula-one

The first 2 races have been great! I wouldn't mind seeing KiMi win one soon. Hamilton to suffer a 5 grid spot penalty (x-gearbox). Go SV!

China can be wet, extend those DVR recordings!

~Karl

nacg8or
CVO Member

Post by nacg8or » Wed May 16, 2012 8:39 am

Finally watched the Spanish GP. I can't believe there have been five different winners in five races. It's been a great season so far!
Nic

'06 UB Rabbit
'90 Audi Coupe Q (sold)

vmchurch
CVO Assistant Director

Post by vmchurch » Wed May 16, 2012 12:30 pm

nacg8or wrote:Finally watched the Spanish GP. I can't believe there have been five different winners in five races. It's been a great season so far!
If it weren't for McLaren f*cking everything up, I'm pretty sure Lewis would have 4 out of the 5 wins.....and as a big Lewis fan its annoying to say the least

- Clarkson

valladar
CVO Forums User

Post by valladar » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:42 am

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comkinozones.rulaserlens.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.ru
neatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ru
qualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.ru
readingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.ru
salestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.ru
semifinishmachining.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.ru
tenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.ru
kaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.ru
kleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.ru
lacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.ru
landingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rufactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.ru
galvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ru
haemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ru
haphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ru
heatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru