It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Autocross #3 RESULTS 
CVO Motorsports Director

:cool: Click Here

Let me know if there are any spelling errors or car corrections.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:30 pm
CVO Forums User

Thanks for all the runs on Sunday. It was a challenging, yet interesting course design.

Thanks for all the hard work putting this together.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 am

I agree with the manager, great course, efficient and friendly coords

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:21 am
CVO Forums User

Great event, I had a great time, thanks for your hard work :) I still have some work to do on the Mazda as I found out :)

12 Golf TDI
10 Sportwagen TDI
90 Eunos Roadster

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:43 am
CVO Forums User

Grip Driver wrote:
Great event, I had a great time, thanks for your hard work :) I still have some work to do on the Mazda as I found out :)

That is the reason we are out there dodging those cones, we always will find a way to improve ourselves and our cars one way or the other.

I also had a great time .....

1998 MK III GLX

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:16 pm
CVO Motorsports Director

Grip Driver wrote:

Hah I found out I need a new tire pressure gauge...when I went to fill up my tires after my last run I had 25psi in them...not 32 like the gauge was showing. Which also explains why I couldn't get my time down after dropping my tire pressure to what I thought was ~32

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:46 pm
CVO Director

JR32 wrote:
Grip Driver wrote:

Hah I found out I need a new tire pressure gauge...when I went to fill up my tires after my last run I had 25psi in them...not 32 like the gauge was showing. Which also explains why I couldn't get my time down after dropping my tire pressure to what I thought was ~32

I was curious to know why the lower tire pressures on Sunday improved times vs the usual higher pressures? Good layout without a doubt, was just having an off day this time around. Hopefully Tire Rack will go better for me :thumbup:

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:46 pm
CVO Member

got desl? wrote:
JR32 wrote:
Grip Driver wrote:

I was curious to know why the lower tire pressures on Sunday improved times vs the usual higher pressures? Good layout without a doubt, was just having an off day this time around. Hopefully Tire Rack will go better for me :thumbup:

Damn Jake.

Dawid, there's a fine line with tire pressures, plus every tire is different. Add in the cars weight, setup, driving style, and the surface conditions themselves, and you've got a ton of variables. With that said, I've always had my fastest times by lowering the fronts to 31-32, and keeping the rears at 42-45psi. Even in Shelly's TT, I ended up lowering the fronts I about 31 and pumping the rears to 40-42 IIRC. But, I like a little rotation. And I tend to push the hell out of cars. If you're a smooth driver, higher pressures up front probably do work out.

Unitronic Stg 2+ K04

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
CVO Forums User

Damn Jake.

Dawid, there's a fine line with tire pressures, plus every tire is different. Add in the cars weight, setup, driving style, and the surface conditions themselves, and you've got a ton of variables. With that said, I've always had my fastest times by lowering the fronts to 31-32, and keeping the rears at 42-45psi. Even in Shelly's TT, I ended up lowering the fronts I about 31 and pumping the rears to 40-42 IIRC. But, I like a little rotation. And I tend to push the hell out of cars. If you're a smooth driver, higher pressures up front probably do work out.[/quote]

Then You and I have the same driving style in totally different cars, last Sunday I started the day w/40PSI all arround on cold tires, but after the tires got warmer as well as the track did to, I had to drop the fronts down to 37 PSI and the rears down from 43.5 to 40PSI a pound or so at a time. In fact, the layout of the track played the main roll, it had more hard right turns than left ones the I even adventured to drop the pressure down on the rear right down to 35PSI and that did improved my times.

I spend pretty much the first hit trying to find a set up I felt confortable trought the slow part of the course and the slalom, I know I could improve alot more since I was kindda understeering on the long sweeper after the slalom heading to the tech tent, but then again, it could be just me since I'm new to all this HEHEHEHE!! :D

1998 MK III GLX

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:54 pm
CVO Member

JR32 wrote:

Hah I found out I need a new tire pressure gauge...when I went to fill up my tires after my last run I had 25psi in them...not 32 like the gauge was showing.

Yeah it looks a little low :whistle:

A big thanks to Jake, Shelly, Dmytro, JR, Chris, Sarah, Dawid and all for great day. Have fun at the Tire Rack!!!!

~Karl

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
CVO Member

Great course layout Jake, the mix of fast and technical was awesome! Can't wait for the rack. Also, Damn you Karl with your driver mod :laugh: but good running for sure.

GIAC K04 High-Output Tune, AWE K04 Turbo, S3 Injectors, Techtonics Tuning Full SS Exhaust, BSH True Seal intake, BSH revamp kit, H&R Premium Performance Coils-overs, Autotech HPFP, Audi RS4 140bar Fuel Pressure Regulator, Forge Twintercooler, South Bend Stg2 Street Clutch/Single Mass Flywheel, ASA GT5s wrapped with Dunlop Direzza Star specs

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]