Autox run group suggestion

The place to discuss past, present and future CVO Motorsport events.
cosM3os
CVO Forums User

Autox run group suggestion

Post by cosM3os » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:22 am

So it looks we will probably see some rain on Saturday. Could the powers that be see to it that all competitors in a given class run at the same to best insure that everyone in a class runs in the same conditions? Every other group does this, and it is necessary to putting on a fair event.Thank you for your consideration.

KO-R32
CVO Member

Re: Autox run group suggestion (cosM3os)

Post by KO-R32 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:15 am

Is this saying organize the cars by class w/in the run group (e.g. all A's, then all B's, etc)?

~Karl

r0nd3L
CVO Forums User

Re: Autox run group suggestion (KO-R32)

Post by r0nd3L » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:22 am

KO-R32 wrote:Is this saying organize the cars by class w/in the run group (e.g. all A's, then all B's, etc)?
Yea, I'm sure that's exactly what he means. That way if it rains during on session, but not on the other, the times would still be comparable. Like if I would get to run in the rain with my car vs Evo that would run in the dry, completely unfair haha.
-2012 Golf TDI

KO-R32
CVO Member

Re: Autox run group suggestion (KO-R32)

Post by KO-R32 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:32 am

Well that would explain then why you would want the class along side the number on the car (to assist with arrangement). I told somebody at the last AX there was no need to put the class on the car (which when you're using tape is a pain). So I was just wondering anyway, not my call . . . .

~Karl

cosM3os
CVO Forums User

Re: Autox run group suggestion (r0nd3L)

Post by cosM3os » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:40 am

Exactly, Karl. Assuming you have three run groups (works with 2 groups or whatever), just fill them according to class. For example: 60 cars--5 A, 5 B, 10 C, 10 D, 5 E, 10 X1 and 15 X2.Put A and X2 in one group; C and D in one group; and X1, B and E in the third group. You get 20 cars in each group and every car in each class is running at the same time so if it rains during the first group, all the A cars have to run in the rain. You don't have to run them AAAAA, XXXXXX within the group.

VWPassenger
CVO Forums User

Post by VWPassenger » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 pm

Do we need corner workers or anything at the Tire Rack or not? Assigning work is what makes putting car classes together difficult.
-=SARA=-

cosM3os
CVO Forums User

Re: Autox run group suggestion (VWPassenger)

Post by cosM3os » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:00 pm

You need corner workers. If work assignments are the problem, then you need to change the way you do them in the interest of holding a valid competition. While I like CVO cause you only work once, I'd rather work twice and not get screwed because I ran in the rain and another B guy ran in the dry.Just use the old "run, work, rest" rotation everyone else uses.

VWPassenger
CVO Forums User

Post by VWPassenger » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:58 pm

I know you have plenty of experience autocrossing and working with CVO and other clubs, but "using the old run, work, rest rotation" doesn't make anything clear enough for me to know how to assign workers any other way than I've been doing it for about 5 years. Also, I am not in charge of saying there should be 2 or 3 run groups or whatever. If you'd like registration administered a different way, I am more than happy to have you under the tent with me and whoever else is taking the money/entering data to make a change. I'm not opposed to change, but I don't know enough of the logistics (and please don't try to explain it all in the forums) to make that change.
-=SARA=-

Autox 2
CVO Forums User

Post by Autox 2 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:37 pm

cosM3os wrote:Exactly, Karl. Assuming you have three run groups (works with 2 groups or whatever), just fill them according to class. For example: 60 cars--5 A, 5 B, 10 C, 10 D, 5 E, 10 X1 and 15 X2.Put A and X2 in one group; C and D in one group; and X1, B and E in the third group. You get 20 cars in each group and every car in each class is running at the same time so if it rains during the first group, all the A cars have to run in the rain. You don't have to run them AAAAA, XXXXXX within the group.
It will work as long as we can split up the groups evenly. Now if we have more in X1 and 2 than in A,B,C,D,E, then it wouldn't work. We really can't plan that out until Saturday morning when we have an acurate count. But I agree with you, it should be equaly fair due to rain(especially when John"2 in the afternoon" Azevedo is involved)

Autox 2
CVO Forums User

Re: Autox run group suggestion (r0nd3L)

Post by Autox 2 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:42 pm

r0nd3L wrote: Like if I would get to run in the rain with my car vs Evo that would run in the dry, completely unfair haha.
Kenny, Can I co-drive your Superpoo on Saturday? I'd love to beat an EVO.

SteverK
CVO Member

Post by SteverK » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:31 pm

It sounds good, I am just not sure what we would do if there is an uneven number of cars in a specific class. Since I am a newby at auto-x and haven't attended other clubs events I am not sure how they work it. But I am sure that we can work it out.
Steve
2005 A4 1.8t Quattro
2007 GTI Farenheit Edition 602/1200, gone but not forgotten
2003 A6 4.2l Quattro, gone

cosM3os
CVO Forums User

Re: Autox run group suggestion (SteverK)

Post by cosM3os » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:24 am

You don't have to have exactly equal numbers. If you have 23 cars in one group and 18 in another, no biggy.Sara--what I meant was that if you have three groups, group 1 is running, 2 is working and 3 is resting. Then you rotate. You always rest before you run.

VWPassenger
CVO Forums User

Post by VWPassenger » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:26 pm

cosM3os wrote:Sara--what I meant was that if you have three groups, group 1 is running, 2 is working and 3 is resting. Then you rotate. You always rest before you run.
Yah, I got that part. What I don't know how to do is figure it all in to the registration process. Right now, people show up to the event and fill out a form and pay and I give them a number and work assignment (based usually on when they want to drive, but not always, and if there are two drivers for one car). If we did it your way, I don't think we'd be able to know when anyone runs, works, or rests until after registration is closed, and people like to know when they're working at registration (and quite honestly I like people to know at registration when they're working because if they don't know right away, they are surprisingly difficult to track down). So, yah, I get what "run, work, rest" means. What I don't get is the logistics of registration and letting people know what group they'll be in right away because we never know how many of each class will be there. Maybe that doesn't matter? Or maybe someone who understands this wants to step in and show up early and do the registration?
-=SARA=-

Autox 2
CVO Forums User

Post by Autox 2 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:21 pm

A, B, C in group 1, D, E, X1 in group 2, X2 in group 3(since X2 is the largest group normally)

VWPassenger
CVO Forums User

Re: Autox run group suggestion (toneesvr6)

Post by VWPassenger » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:56 pm

toneesvr6 wrote:A, B, C in group 1, D, E, X1 in group 2, X2 in group 3(since X2 is the largest group normally)
Is there any way we can split this into 2 groups? I know I could get people to only have to work 1 time (which I know everyone likes) if I knew which classes were definitely going to run when. Also, when we have a lot of people or when people work 2 times, we end up with like 4 or 5 people at each corner, which I think may decrease efficiency since not everyone has to be on their toes the whole time. And what do we do about 2-driver cars?
-=SARA=-

Autox 2
CVO Forums User

Post by Autox 2 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:02 pm

A, B, C, D, E in group 1, and X1- X2 in group 2.

cosM3os
CVO Forums User

Post by cosM3os » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:02 pm

VWPassenger wrote:Yah, I got that part. What I don't know how to do is figure it all in to the registration process. Right now, people show up to the event and fill out a form and pay and I give them a number and work assignment (based usually on when they want to drive, but not always, and if there are two drivers for one car). If we did it your way, I don't think we'd be able to know when anyone runs, works, or rests until after registration is closed, and people like to know when they're working at registration (and quite honestly I like people to know at registration when they're working because if they don't know right away, they are surprisingly difficult to track down). So, yah, I get what "run, work, rest" means. What I don't get is the logistics of registration and letting people know what group they'll be in right away because we never know how many of each class will be there. Maybe that doesn't matter? Or maybe someone who understands this wants to step in and show up early and do the registration?
Yes, unless you have prereg, you can't tell people when they'll run or work until everyone has registered. The first step (upon close of registration) is to figure out your run groups. You announce at the driver's meeting that group 1 will be (whatever classes make that group), 2 will be . . ., 3 will be . . . Everyone in 1 gets in their cars, everyone in 2 sees you for a work assignment (check off their names to make sure everyone works), and everyone in 3 rests. When 1 is almost done running, call 3 to grid. When 1 is done running tell them to park the cars and come in for a work assignment. 2 rests whil 3 runs.

SteverK
CVO Member

Post by SteverK » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:45 pm

That sounds like it could work, we would have to close registration on time.So that we can get it all organized before the drivers meeting.
Steve
2005 A4 1.8t Quattro
2007 GTI Farenheit Edition 602/1200, gone but not forgotten
2003 A6 4.2l Quattro, gone

valladar
CVO Forums User

Re: Autox run group suggestion

Post by valladar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:33 pm

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comkinozones.rulaserlens.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.ru
neatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ru
qualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.ru
readingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.ru
salestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.ru
semifinishmachining.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.ru
tenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.ru
kaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.ru
kleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.ru
lacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.ru
landingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rufactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.ru
galvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ru
haemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ru
haphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ru
heatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru

valladar
CVO Forums User

Post by valladar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:15 pm

valladar
CVO Forums User

Post by valladar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:16 pm

valladar
CVO Forums User

Post by valladar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:17 pm