Aircooleds anyone?

The place to post information on upcoming VW and Audi events or local get-togethers of CVO members.
LoveBug66
CVO Forums User

Aircooleds anyone?

Post by LoveBug66 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi there!

I'm new to the forum... grew up in Chicago (downtown) but moved to Miami for a few years to get my BA and now I've moved back!

How's that for a short introduction lol. :ninja:

Was wondering if anyone on here is an aircooled enthusiast too? I have a 66 vert that I just trailered up from down south :thumbup:

Here's a couple photos of Mika:

This was before lowering:

Would love to hear from yous guys!
Praise the Lowered!
(O\_VW_/O)

RobbDizzle
CVO Forums User

Re: Aircooleds anyone?

Post by RobbDizzle » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:49 pm

Looking great! I love Beetles...my dad had one back in the day...hopefully I'll have one some day.
-Robb

OE with an attitude

LoveBug66
CVO Forums User

Post by LoveBug66 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:31 am

Yeah you won't find them around Chicago much... I've seen a couple bugs on the streets since I've been back but not many. The thing is since Chicago has so many potholes it CAN'T be good :thumbsdown: . And when winter rolls around, they go in their garages for the duration!
Praise the Lowered!
(O\_VW_/O)

LoveBug66
CVO Forums User

Post by LoveBug66 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:35 am

But thank you :)

What's the norm for Vdubbers in the Chicagoland area? Are there a bunch of cruises and meets I haven't found out about yet? I know about NIVA and that they do a bunch of stuff and collaborate with other clubs.... but their website sort of sucks in terms of finding out more info about the specific events. And thesamba.com I've been on for awhile but for Miami-based events...
Praise the Lowered!
(O\_VW_/O)

KO-R32
CVO Member

Post by KO-R32 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:43 am

Nice beetle, welcome!

Wait you mean people move from Florida to Chicago? :fun:

LoveBug66 wrote:
Are there a bunch of cruises and meets I haven't found out about yet?

Every Friday, except the last Friday of the month: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10506

The last Friday of the month: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10681

The Northeast Illinois Volkswagen Association has a show coming up soon: Bugfest

LoveBug66 wrote:The thing is since Chicago has so many potholes it CAN'T be good :thumbsdown:

That's the truth! :weirdo:

~Karl

LoveBug66
CVO Forums User

Post by LoveBug66 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:07 pm

KO-R32 wrote:Nice beetle, welcome!

Wait you mean people move from Florida to Chicago? :fun:

thank ye thank ye! well I was raised here in Chicago and there's more career-wise for me up here... so as SAD as I was to leave tha drrty drrty :tongue: I'm happy to be here. Tho nothing is ever really written in stone anyway, soOOoOooo..

I just kinda already miss the year-round aircooled scene down there!

KO-R32 wrote:
Every Friday, except the last Friday of the month: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10506

The last Friday of the month: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10681

The Northeast Illinois Volkswagen Association has a show coming up soon: Bugfest

Thanks! I knew about Bugfest... unfortunately I don't think Mika will be ready in time for a show already. I didn't even see a registration page online or anything for it regardless, or if I actually registered my bug, any information about classes or categories, etc. We had this amazing show every year in Miami called Volksblast at the end of January/beg of February, where over 200 aircooled VWs registered in different categories and there was a charity raffle, plaques for 1st 2nd and 3rd places in each class, vendors, a band, etc. It's phenominal.... Is there anything like that here (maybe Bugfest?)? I feel like such a n00b right now lol.
Praise the Lowered!
(O\_VW_/O)

KO-R32
CVO Member

Post by KO-R32 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:09 pm

LoveBug66 wrote:
I just kinda already miss the year-round aircooled scene down there!

Just wait until November, you'll be missing a lot more than that :ras:

No pre-registration for Bugfest. Just show up early for registration or later to browse. They have a pretty good number of classes for air cooled cars & vans as compared to H2O equipped.

~Karl

LoveBug66
CVO Forums User

Post by LoveBug66 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:46 pm

KO-R32 wrote:Just wait until November, you'll be missing a lot more than that :ras:

No pre-registration for Bugfest. Just show up early for registration or later to browse. They have a pretty good number of classes for air cooled cars & vans as compared to H2O equipped.

Lol I know... if I'm anticipating missing it and it's only June I can't imagine... but I gotta admit: I missed seasons when I was down there! We only had summer, summer light, rain, and hurricane. Those were the seasons!
Praise the Lowered!
(O\_VW_/O)