It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
2012-2013::Winter::Cruise::Days 
CVO Director

Once again we are continuing the tradition of monthly cruises!
We will be doing cruises during the day to enjoy great food, the opportunity for photos and catching up with fellow enthusiasts!!

Here are the dates:
- Sunday November 18: Bub's Subs - 260 South Randall Road, Algonquin, IL
- Sunday December 9: Al's Beef - 1036 West Higgins Road, Park Ridge, IL‎ + CHICAGO CRUISE
- Sunday January 20: Two Brother's Tap House :beer: - 30w315 Calumet Avenue West, Warrenville, IL ------> Brewery Tour will be done prior to lunch :beer2:
- Sunday February 17: Brat Stop - 12304 75th Street, Kenosha, WI - - - -> SPECIAL DEPARTURE TIME
- Sunday March 10: Uncle Bub's BBQ - 132 South Cass Avenue Westmont, IL 60559

Starting Point: All cruises will start in the parking lot behind Hooters in Schaumburg.
- Meet at 11:00AM
- Leaving promptly at 11:30AM....DON'T BE LATE! :no:

BRAT STOP - For the cruise to the Brat Stop we'll leave earlier in order to make a pit stop at the Lake Forest Oasis for those that do not want to start in Schaumburg.
Here are the details:
- Meet at Hooters at 9:15AM, Depart at 9:35AM
- Arrive at LF Oasis at 10:15AM, Depart at 10:30AM
- Arrive at Brat Stop at 11:00AM....and you know the rest :dance:

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:27 pm
CVO Forums User

This post came just in time so we can mark our clendars.... hehehe!!! I can't wait for Nov 18.

1998 MK III GLX

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 pm
CVO Forums User

Nice!! :yahoo:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:58 am
CVO Director

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted....just been super busy with stuff :slap:

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:30 am
CVO Member

Looks like some good new locations! :thumbup:

2003 A6 4.2l Quattro, gone

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:44 am
CVO Forums User

wow..... the wife and i always go cruising on sunday mornings and sometime we wonder if we could do something alittle extra and this is perfect i will participate ..because cruise night are alittle difficult with work and all but hey see all there :thumbup:

charlie :hmmm: charlie clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNTZVckrYIk

Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm new to the group, and I'm hoping to make some of the winter cruises. Not the first, of course. I'll be too busy yelling at the television.
Hopefully I won't get too many snickers from the still stock GTI.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:36 pm
CVO Secretary

the Zambos wrote:
I'm new to the group, and I'm hoping to make some of the winter cruises. Not the first, of course. I'll be too busy yelling at the television.
Hopefully I won't get too many snickers from the still stock GTI.

Nope, always more the merrier, also depending on who comes out, you can see alllllll of the different options for things you can do to it to make it less stock.

Also, for those that might be concerned about food options given the names of most of our destinations (Beef, Brats, BBQ), don't fear! All of the destinations have vegetarian options.

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:34 am
Profile WWW
CVO Forums User

I'm in for sure. Need to give da 2.slow a wash....

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 pm
CVO Forums User

[quote="Sir Revalot"]I'm in for sure. Need to give da 2.slow a wash...

make sure you put on some washing mits/gloves because you might poke/scrape your hands with rust then your going to need a tetanus shot ...my great grand papi died of that tetanus back in the days from traveling on ships from portugal ...word! that's why i hate rust so much :realmad:

charlie :hmmm: shot gun rider

Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:10 pm
CVO Director

Sunday's Destination: Bubs Subs 260 South Randall Road, Algonquin, IL
The Departure Point: Parking Lot Behind Hooters Schaumburg
The Route: The Maps of Google

There won't be any tolls for this trip!!

Time Details:
    Meet at 11:00AM
    Leave at 11:30AM....DON'T BE LATE :D

First cruise of the winter!! Everyone come out and don't hibernate!!!

Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:28 pm
CVO Forums User

techromancer1 wrote:
Sir Revalot wrote:
I'm in for sure. Need to give da 2.slow a wash...

make sure you put on some washing mits/gloves because you might poke/scrape your hands with rust then your going to need a tetanus shot ...my great grand papi died of that tetanus back in the days from traveling on ships from portugal ...word! that's why i hate rust so much :realmad:

charlie :hmmm: shot gun rider

Ok, thank you for the advice Mr numero uno!

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:01 am
CVO Forums User

I'm ready! .. got my 16 inches wheels and tires just for the winter.. :weirdo:

Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:07 am
Profile WWW
CVO Forums User

I'm on winter set up on my Golf too, changed the front lip for more clearance and added mud/snow flaps. I won't be able to make it tomorrow cuz my car has a small oil leak plus we got the B3 back tonight and it needs full detail in and out.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:57 pm
CVO Director

Big thanks to those that came out on Sunday, could not have asked for better weather either!!

Keep on the look out for information on next month's cruise, it will be the Chicago Cruise....there just might a little surprise in store for everyone :shifty:

Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:30 am
CVO Forums User

sorry i did make i was trying out my new toy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWc_6QHnbng
been dying to try it out..... i was going to use it for a quick wax just for fun ...next thing you know i got caught up in the mix...... and stayed outside till 4pm ..yelling out wtf how time flies...but for sure i am in for next one :thumbup:

charlie :hmmm: wax on wax off

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:06 pm
CVO Member

I really hope to make it for the next cruise. Going to invest into winter tires, I kept my old wheels so just need to buy tires. The wheels are all in terrible shape, but perfect for winter with the snow, salt and dirt. Need to start looking at what I want to do to my car for next year. Christmas is coming and maybe can get my dad to buy me something. Definitely putting a new stereo on my list, want to be able to play my Ipod in the car. Hope we have good weather in December for the cruise!

Blue 2004 R32
Forever VW owner.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:01 pm
CVO Director

erilot wrote:
I really hope to make it for the next cruise. Going to invest into winter tires, I kept my old wheels so just need to buy tires. The wheels are all in terrible shape, but perfect for winter with the snow, salt and dirt. Need to start looking at what I want to do to my car for next year. Christmas is coming and maybe can get my dad to buy me something. Definitely putting a new stereo on my list, want to be able to play my Ipod in the car. Hope we have good weather in December for the cruise!

If you're looking for 18" winter tires I know a local guy selling some blizzaks in stock R32 size.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:38 pm
CVO Member

I also got a set of all seasons in stock 18" size.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:11 pm
CVO Member

got desl? wrote:
erilot wrote:

If you're looking for 18" winter tires I know a local guy selling some blizzaks in stock R32 size.

I was going to hit Tire Rack, they have a set of Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II for $183 each or the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 for $198. Was just trying to choose between the two. Tired of going thru winters sliding all over and keep hearing predictions of lots of snow this year. If I lived closer, would take up your local guy, but not sure how I could deal with it since takes awhile to swap out the tires. If my dad did not have a busted arm, I could just get the new tires put onto my wheels and then mount them at home to save time, but no can do right now. I so wished I lived more in the Chicago area but will see you guys hopefully on the next cruise day.

Blue 2004 R32
Forever VW owner.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:27 pm
CVO Director

erilot wrote:
got desl? wrote:
erilot wrote:

I was going to hit Tire Rack, they have a set of Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II for $183 each or the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 for $198. Was just trying to choose between the two. Tired of going thru winters sliding all over and keep hearing predictions of lots of snow this year. If I lived closer, would take up your local guy, but not sure how I could deal with it since takes awhile to swap out the tires. If my dad did not have a busted arm, I could just get the new tires put onto my wheels and then mount them at home to save time, but no can do right now. I so wished I lived more in the Chicago area but will see you guys hopefully on the next cruise day.

Well I can talk to my local guy and see if he'd be willing to ship possibly. They're nearly brand new blizzaks too

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:03 pm
CVO Director

For those planning on coming out next month, Groupon is here to help:

Al's Beef Groupon Offer

Pretty good offer, and reasons to come back as well :thumbup:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:32 am
CVO Member

got desl? wrote:
erilot wrote:
got desl? wrote:
erilot wrote:

Well I can talk to my local guy and see if he'd be willing to ship possibly. They're nearly brand new blizzaks too

Are these still available? How much $$?

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:42 pm
CVO Director

They're still available. The groupon is $25 for 5 $10 vouchers.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:48 pm
CVO Member

Question about the Chicago cruise

Does that happen before or after eating at the restaurant?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next