Autocrosses with other clubs

The place to post information on upcoming VW and Audi events or local get-togethers of CVO members.
r0nd3L
CVO Forums User

Re: Autocrosses with other clubs (g60_corrado_91)

Post by r0nd3L » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:22 am

g60_corrado_91 wrote:I'm 95% sure I'll be attending this Saturday's AutoX at Maywood with the Miata club again as long as it's not cancelled. Weather looks promising.
Forget that, join us at SCCA.

g60_corrado_91
CVO Member

Re: Autocrosses with other clubs (r0nd3L)

Post by g60_corrado_91 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:49 am

r0nd3L wrote:Forget that, join us at SCCA.
I'm on a budget as it is and Joliet is ~2 hours from my house one way.

VRUM VR6
CVO Member

Post by VRUM VR6 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:16 am

Have fun at the Miata club... as you already know they put on a great event. Hopefully others will jump in and join you too since it is at convenient Maywood Park.BTW, congrats on doing so well at the last Miata event!

r0nd3L
CVO Forums User

Re: Autocrosses with other clubs (VRUM VR6)

Post by r0nd3L » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:10 am

g60_corrado_91 wrote:I'm on a budget as it is and Joliet is ~2 hours from my house one way.
Gotcha.
VRUM VR6 wrote:Have fun at the Miata club... as you already know they put on a great event. Hopefully others will jump in and join you too since it is at convenient Maywood Park.BTW, congrats on doing so well at the last Miata event!
Just checked the results and damn Matt nice job! I don't think I'll be able to keep up with you anymore haha.

VRUM VR6
CVO Member

Re: Autocrosses with other clubs (r0nd3L)

Post by VRUM VR6 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:59 pm

I almost forgot to mention that Big Mikey got a really nice first place trophy last Sunday from http://scscc.net/schedule.html for winning his class in his first autocross in the revived Scirocco! Congratulations dude! BTW, that's nonalcoholic beer /\ /\ /\ there... I don't need any trouble.

r0nd3L
CVO Forums User

Post by r0nd3L » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Ok, I'm registered for Sunday, so there is no way out for me now. Hope to see some of you there.Watch me place last in STU

Autox 2
CVO Forums User

Re: (r0nd3L)

Post by Autox 2 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:46 pm

r0nd3L wrote:Ok, I'm registered for Sunday, so there is no way out for me now. Hope to see some of you there.Watch me place last in STU
How are you in STU? That's all Subi STI's. With your HP you have to be in a different class, ask Jeff K. on Eurotecknik.

r0nd3L
CVO Forums User

Re: (toneesvr6)

Post by r0nd3L » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:16 pm

toneesvr6 wrote: How are you in STU? That's all Subi STI's. With your HP you have to be in a different class, ask Jeff K. on Eurotecknik.
No it is STU. Bunch of GTOs on the forum run in that class. I'd be in stock but I have aftermarket radius rod bushings, poly engine and trans mounts, and shifter and I don't think those are allowed in stock class. I don't really care either way, but when I get my plans executed this winter I'll still be in STU even with coilovers, wide sticky tires and wheels, sway-bars, etc.

g60_corrado_91
CVO Member

Post by g60_corrado_91 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:28 pm

VRUM VR6 wrote: Have fun at the Miata club... as you already know they put on a great event. Hopefully others will jump in and join you too since it is at convenient Maywood Park.BTW, congrats on doing so well at the last Miata event!
Haha, thanks, that MS3 got me by .2 on his best run, but he was so inconsistent. Looking at the results, I think I hit the most cones out of the whole day. Still can't complain about 5th place in the unlimited class though.1st was the M roadster2nd was Spencer in the STI3rd I can't remember4th was the MS35th me6th Karl

g60_corrado_91
CVO Member

Post by g60_corrado_91 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:29 pm

Yeah, I won't be attending Miata club. Going to Alabama for the APR event with a couple of friends.

KO-R32
CVO Member

Post by KO-R32 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:41 am

g60_corrado_91 wrote:Haha, thanks, that MS3 got me by .2 on his best run, but he was so inconsistent. Looking at the results, I think I hit the most cones out of the whole day. Still can't complain about 5th place in the unlimited class though. l
I'm a bit suspect of those times for the end of the day. I distinctly remember celebrating a 13.9x time, and know I had also put up a second 14.x time. Neither seem to be there and no cones to explain . . .
g60_corrado_91 wrote:Going to Alabama for the APR event with a couple of friends.
So you're going to this? Nice.
Arin@APR wrote:APR?s Performance Campus Grand Opening and Customer Appreciation Day October 18th[UPDATE]REGISTER HERE. SEE WHO'S ALREADY REGISTERED AND LEAVE COMMENTS!APR is pleased to present our Grand Opening and Customer Appreciation Day at our New Performance Campus on October 18th in Opelika, AL.APR cordially invites one and all to come out for a day with us in our new 34,000 sq. ft. Performance Campus to learn about New Products on the Horizon, a complete Tour of our New Facility, Special Guests Michelin, BBS, Brembo and Koni, Technical Seminars, APR Motorsport?s 3 Gti Race Team Tour, Onsite Installations, our Annual Customer Appreciation Sale and of course a Complimentary Lunch of the South?s Best BBQ.Where: APR?s Performance Campus 4800 US Hwy W Opelika, AL 36801When: October 18, 2008 10AMWhat: APR Customer Appreciation Day and Grand OpeningAPR?s Customer Appreciation Day and BBQ is celebrating its 8th year with even more prizes, events and free food!APR?s Famous Stage 3 RaffleFree Lunch Catered by Byron?s BBQ, the South?s FinestTour the New APR Performance CampusTechnical Seminars from APR?s Engineering TeamSpecial Guest Speakers from some of the Industry?s Finest BrandsA Sneak Peak into What?s Coming Up from APRAPR Motorsport?s Koni Challenge Race Team TourInstallation of APR?s Performance Product Line On Site...and the Biggest Sale of the Year on all APR Performance Products for you Audi, VW or Porsche!APR ECU Upgrades**Fully Loaded for the Price of a Single Program (Save $604!) or $100 off of a Single Program(1.8T, 2.7T, 2.0T) or 10% off of a Fully Loaded Suite(Porsche, RS6, VR6, 4.2L)**APR/Carbonio Carbon Fiber Intake Systems **Free Installation**APR Performance Exhaust Systems **15% off**APR Intercooler Systems **15% off**APR Stage 3 and ko4 Turbocharger Systems **10% off**APR Motorsport Lineup **15% off**APR Accessories **15% off**APR/Brembo Braking Systems **5% off**Please pre-register for the Grand Opening at http://www.goapr.com/bbq/. This will help us make sure we have enough BBQ for everyone!

MarioM
CVO Forums User

Post by MarioM » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:03 am

VRUM VR6 wrote: I almost forgot to mention that Big Mikey got a really nice first place trophy last Sunday from http://scscc.net/schedule.html for winning his class in his first autocross in the revived Scirocco! Congratulations dude! BTW, that's nonalcoholic beer /\ /\ /\ there... I don't need any trouble.
Nice job Mike. All that seat time must have done something to you. Did anyone else go to this event?

VRUM VR6
CVO Member

Re: Autocrosses with other clubs (MarioM)

Post by VRUM VR6 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:58 am

I was there of course and finally beat Aaron Williams on R-comps. They haven't posted the results yet:http://scscc.net/schedule.htmlI want to say there were about 85 or so participants there.

Autox 2
CVO Forums User

Post by Autox 2 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:07 pm

[QUOTE=VRUM VR6]I was there of course and finally beat Aaron Williams on R-comps.QUOTE]Bring the the R-comps on Sat and Sun, Aaron will be there again!

VRUM VR6
CVO Member

Re: Autocrosses with other clubs (toneesvr6)

Post by VRUM VR6 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:38 pm

Towards the end of the day he asked me what my time was, because I was pretty far behind earlier... man, you should've seen the look on his face when I told him - he said 'stop pulling my chain'. I wasn't. That was priceless.

Autox 2
CVO Forums User

Post by Autox 2 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:11 pm

VRUM VR6 wrote: Towards the end of the day he asked me what my time was, because I was pretty far behind earlier... man, you should've seen the look on his face when I told him - he said 'stop pulling my chain'. I wasn't. That was priceless.
He did that with me at the 1st event when I beat him in the rain.

g60_corrado_91
CVO Member

Post by g60_corrado_91 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:54 am

Yes Karl, that's where I we are. Took my friend's MkV GLI to get Stg 2. We just got in the area. Pretty long drive.

Autox 2
CVO Forums User

Post by Autox 2 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:05 am

[QUOTE=g60_corrado_91]that's where I we are. QUOTE]I know it's early but you're spelling like Greg!

r0nd3L
CVO Forums User

Post by r0nd3L » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:40 pm

Was fun yesterday!Do you guys know where people post pics usually? Or is it all over diff forums?

g60_corrado_91
CVO Member

Post by g60_corrado_91 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:28 pm

toneesvr6 wrote:
g60_corrado_91 wrote:that's where I we are. QUOTE]I know it's early but you're spelling like Greg!
Dick! Yeah, I was seriously running on around 4 or 5 hours of sleep and I was typing on the laptop keyboard on top of it. We were up by 8:30 after I made that post. We didn't get back until 5:00am on Sunday. More of a road trip but it was an awesome time. I'd do it again for sure.

VRUM VR6
CVO Member

Post by VRUM VR6 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:56 am

Congratulations to Tonee Northam for finishing Tenth overall in the enormous Open Street Tire class at CR-SCCA... http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/2008/class.html

Autox 2
CVO Forums User

Post by Autox 2 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:50 am

VRUM VR6 wrote: Congratulations to Tonee Northam for finishing Tenth overall in the enormous Open Street Tire class at CR-SCCA...
Thanks John, and it was enormous, 10th out 134, I'd say I'm happy.

r0nd3L
CVO Forums User

Post by r0nd3L » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:09 am

Congrats Tonee! That's insanely awesome spot out of so many cars.I managed to place 15th from 19 in STU by just attending one event heh. And you probably know who won that class? That crazy guy with White RS.And btw, those RT-615s I had helped quite a bit. I was usually ~1.5 seconds slower than Tonee but with stock tires this last event I was behind about 3.5 seconds. Of course, Tonee is much better driver and in courses like SCCA it's really important, but it's just something I observed compared to last Tri-State and CVO event. Can't wait till next year, I should be ready Modified by r0nd3L at 8:24 AM 10/24/2008

Autox 2
CVO Forums User

Re: (r0nd3L)

Post by Autox 2 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:48 pm

r0nd3L wrote:Congrats Tonee! That's insanely awesome spot out of so many cars.I managed to place 15th from 19 in STU by just attending one event heh. And you probably know who won that class? That crazy guy with White RS.And btw, those RT-615s I had helped quite a bit. I was usually ~1.5 seconds slower than Tonee but with stock tires this last event I was behind about 3.5 seconds. Of course, Tonee is much better driver and in courses like SCCA it's really important, but it's just something I observed compared to last Tri-State and CVO event. Can't wait till next year, I should be ready Modified by r0nd3L at 8:24 AM 10/24/2008
Thanks Matas, I tried really hard this year at SCCA. well learning to drive a newer/ different car was fun, nice to know I can make this one drift too. The guy with the white EVO is Aytinc Akad, and he is a badass driver! PaulE even went up and asked him for some pointers at the last event. John had the opportunity to ride with him and said it was amazing. Mike Vanderstppen was co driving with Aytinc and Mike is another great driver.The Azenis definately help you, when I rode with you at Maywood I was very surprised on how you knew your GTO and you jumped into that from a turbo'd beetle. Next year skip the Azenis and get the Dunlop Derreza Star Specs, they're a bit more $$ but the grip is just as good or better than the RE01-R's which are $$$.I think CVO should have one last event, I know all the other clubs are done beside the Polish drift-kill cones club of NA, and I don't plan on going to their's unless I'm going through major withdrawl by then or I'm feeling suicidal.

r0nd3L
CVO Forums User

Re: (toneesvr6)

Post by r0nd3L » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:33 pm

toneesvr6 wrote: Thanks Matas, I tried really hard this year at SCCA. well learning to drive a newer/ different car was fun, nice to know I can make this one drift too. The guy with the white EVO is Aytinc Akad, and he is a badass driver! PaulE even went up and asked him for some pointers at the last event. John had the opportunity to ride with him and said it was amazing. Mike Vanderstppen was co driving with Aytinc and Mike is another great driver.The Azenis definately help you, when I rode with you at Maywood I was very surprised on how you knew your GTO and you jumped into that from a turbo'd beetle. Next year skip the Azenis and get the Dunlop Derreza Star Specs, they're a bit more $$ but the grip is just as good or better than the RE01-R's which are $$$.I think CVO should have one last event, I know all the other clubs are done beside the Polish drift-kill cones club of NA, and I don't plan on going to their's unless I'm going through major withdrawl by then or I'm feeling suicidal.
Haha.And your hard work definitely paid off. When are the awards? You gonna go?I think I'm going to stick with SCCA, TriState, and CVO for next year. That should be enough to keep me busy As for the tires, I'd love to go with Z1s, but they don't make the size I'm interested in, 275/40R17. I may try the new Kumho XS depending on the reviews they get.However, 275s may not even fit so in that case I will be going with 255/40 Z1s. I'll try my hardest though. Already got a pair of C5 Z06 wheels on order for testing. 17x9.5" ET56, due to high offset I'll need at least 1" spacer/adapter to clear the strut. Also, will be modding the strut itself for more clearance inwards. Just need to find some money for Konis and Ground Controls now.....