It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
2014 Maybe? BMW M135i vs.RS3-Video. 
CVO Forums User

Pick your poison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xwecTp9 ... ture=g-u-u

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:58 am
CVO Member

S/RS models do seem to be a bit pricey for the performance figures they put down. still something about them though... and what exactly is the m135i? is that like our 135is?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:00 am
CVO Forums User

I believe is more than the 135is:the M1 coupe for this series. The 1M coupe will be apparently one segment upper on the next Gen.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:36 pm
CVO Member

just confused because harris keeps saying it's not a true M-series car. the 1M also came with the SMG style transmission from the M3 for the year or so that it was available in the US... while the M135i has the 8 speed slushbox.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:59 pm
CVO Director

Dybz wrote:
just confused because harris keeps saying it's not a true M-series car. the 1M also came with the SMG style transmission from the M3 for the year or so that it was available in the US... while the M135i has the 8 speed slushbox.

The "M" is like the "S" for Audi's. So if you don't have the deep pockets needed for an "M" car you get the M option for the car.

They did away with the "is" nomenclature for the cars and are simply calling the "M" options.

I hope that clears things up a little.

And I do agree with S/RS being a little over priced, but it is an Audi thing...you're paying for the rings.

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:48 pm
CVO Member

got desl? wrote:
Dybz wrote:

The "M" is like the "S" for Audi's. So if you don't have the deep pockets needed for an "M" car you get the M option for the car.

They did away with the "is" nomenclature for the cars and are simply calling the "M" options.

And I do agree with S/RS being a little over priced, but it is an Audi thing...you're paying for the rings.

BMW USA uses the "is" still. that's what i'm asking... is if the UK M135i is the same as our 135is?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 am
CVO Director

Dybz wrote:
got desl? wrote:
Dybz wrote:

BMW USA uses the "is" still. that's what i'm asking... is if the UK M135i is the same as our 135is?

I think starting with the newest generation (next year) forward they will be all following the M badging over the "is." Read below:

BMW Commits to M badge...for now

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:39 am
CVO Member

Just watched this last night.... my thoughts are similar to his on the A3. Really hate the styling of it and the interior is downright boring and reminds me a lot of Pontiac interiors- vents etc.

I would most likely sell my TDi and my wifes GTi and trade for a 120d 5 door 6MT and 135i 5 door 6M/T immediately if that was available here in the USA. Right now I am mulling over trading the GTi on a X1 with Euro delivery. IMHO the 1 series coupe is just ugly, but in hatch form its a fantastic "hot hatch".

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:26 am
CVO Member

got desl? wrote:
Dybz wrote:
got desl? wrote:
Dybz wrote:

I think starting with the newest generation (next year) forward they will be all following the M badging over the "is." Read below:

BMW Commits to M badge...for now

ah gotcha. either way, 1-series hatch would be sweet.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]