2014 Maybe? BMW M135i vs.RS3-Video.

The place to discuss anything Volkswagen or Audi related.
Post Reply
User avatar
corrado917
CVO Forums User
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:54 pm
Location: wheeling

2014 Maybe? BMW M135i vs.RS3-Video.

Post by corrado917 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:58 am

MKVI GTI

User avatar
Dybz
CVO Member
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: 2014 Maybe? BMW M135i vs.RS3-Video.

Post by Dybz » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:00 am

S/RS models do seem to be a bit pricey for the performance figures they put down. still something about them though... and what exactly is the m135i? is that like our 135is?
Hybrid > Diesel

User avatar
corrado917
CVO Forums User
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:54 pm
Location: wheeling

Re: 2014 Maybe? BMW M135i vs.RS3-Video.

Post by corrado917 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:36 pm

I believe is more than the 135is:the M1 coupe for this series. The 1M coupe will be apparently one segment upper on the next Gen.
MKVI GTI

User avatar
Dybz
CVO Member
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: 2014 Maybe? BMW M135i vs.RS3-Video.

Post by Dybz » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:59 pm

just confused because harris keeps saying it's not a true M-series car. the 1M also came with the SMG style transmission from the M3 for the year or so that it was available in the US... while the M135i has the 8 speed slushbox.
Hybrid > Diesel

User avatar
got desl?
CVO Director
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: Mt Prospect, IL

Re: 2014 Maybe? BMW M135i vs.RS3-Video.

Post by got desl? » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Dybz wrote:just confused because harris keeps saying it's not a true M-series car. the 1M also came with the SMG style transmission from the M3 for the year or so that it was available in the US... while the M135i has the 8 speed slushbox.
The "M" is like the "S" for Audi's. So if you don't have the deep pockets needed for an "M" car you get the M option for the car.

They did away with the "is" nomenclature for the cars and are simply calling the "M" options.

I hope that clears things up a little.

And I do agree with S/RS being a little over priced, but it is an Audi thing...you're paying for the rings.
Image
Dawid

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

User avatar
Dybz
CVO Member
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: 2014 Maybe? BMW M135i vs.RS3-Video.

Post by Dybz » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 am

got desl? wrote:
Dybz wrote:just confused because harris keeps saying it's not a true M-series car. the 1M also came with the SMG style transmission from the M3 for the year or so that it was available in the US... while the M135i has the 8 speed slushbox.
The "M" is like the "S" for Audi's. So if you don't have the deep pockets needed for an "M" car you get the M option for the car.

They did away with the "is" nomenclature for the cars and are simply calling the "M" options.

I hope that clears things up a little.

And I do agree with S/RS being a little over priced, but it is an Audi thing...you're paying for the rings.
BMW USA uses the "is" still. that's what i'm asking... is if the UK M135i is the same as our 135is?
Hybrid > Diesel

User avatar
got desl?
CVO Director
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 12:36 pm
Location: Mt Prospect, IL

Re: 2014 Maybe? BMW M135i vs.RS3-Video.

Post by got desl? » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:39 am

Dybz wrote:
got desl? wrote:
Dybz wrote:just confused because harris keeps saying it's not a true M-series car. the 1M also came with the SMG style transmission from the M3 for the year or so that it was available in the US... while the M135i has the 8 speed slushbox.
The "M" is like the "S" for Audi's. So if you don't have the deep pockets needed for an "M" car you get the M option for the car.

They did away with the "is" nomenclature for the cars and are simply calling the "M" options.

I hope that clears things up a little.

And I do agree with S/RS being a little over priced, but it is an Audi thing...you're paying for the rings.
BMW USA uses the "is" still. that's what i'm asking... is if the UK M135i is the same as our 135is?
I think starting with the newest generation (next year) forward they will be all following the M badging over the "is." Read below:

BMW Commits to M badge...for now
Image
Dawid

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

User avatar
DasTeknoViking
CVO Member
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:47 pm
Location: Palatine

Re: 2014 Maybe? BMW M135i vs.RS3-Video.

Post by DasTeknoViking » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:26 am

Just watched this last night.... my thoughts are similar to his on the A3. Really hate the styling of it and the interior is downright boring and reminds me a lot of Pontiac interiors- vents etc.

I would most likely sell my TDi and my wifes GTi and trade for a 120d 5 door 6MT and 135i 5 door 6M/T immediately if that was available here in the USA. Right now I am mulling over trading the GTi on a X1 with Euro delivery. IMHO the 1 series coupe is just ugly, but in hatch form its a fantastic "hot hatch".

User avatar
Dybz
CVO Member
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: 2014 Maybe? BMW M135i vs.RS3-Video.

Post by Dybz » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:59 pm

got desl? wrote:
Dybz wrote:
got desl? wrote:
Dybz wrote:just confused because harris keeps saying it's not a true M-series car. the 1M also came with the SMG style transmission from the M3 for the year or so that it was available in the US... while the M135i has the 8 speed slushbox.
The "M" is like the "S" for Audi's. So if you don't have the deep pockets needed for an "M" car you get the M option for the car.

They did away with the "is" nomenclature for the cars and are simply calling the "M" options.

I hope that clears things up a little.

And I do agree with S/RS being a little over priced, but it is an Audi thing...you're paying for the rings.
BMW USA uses the "is" still. that's what i'm asking... is if the UK M135i is the same as our 135is?
I think starting with the newest generation (next year) forward they will be all following the M badging over the "is." Read below:

BMW Commits to M badge...for now
ah gotcha. either way, 1-series hatch would be sweet.
Hybrid > Diesel

Post Reply