D.I.Y (COILOVERS) under $100 bucks...........

Have a cool mod or a repair procedure you would like to share with the rest of the club? This is the place for it.
techromancer1
CVO Forums User

D.I.Y (COILOVERS) under $100 bucks...........

Post by techromancer1 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:03 pm

this idea is been spinning in my head for so long so i gave it a shot and it works an affordable way to make coilovers and to slam your car better than manufacture coilovers so you don't have to cut the strut towers no,no,no..so watch the clip and enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2FMgLxxWLs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also i recommmend trying this only on light weight cars example vw mk1-3 8v but i would like to try it on mk4 -6 but no test subjects ..lol :lol:

charlie the wicked fabricator :hmmm:
THE OPERATOR WITH THE POCKET CALCULATOR xd
Last edited by techromancer1 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
i love oakton treffen

Mr. Dillinger
CVO Communications Director

Re: D.I.Y COILOVERS under $100 bucks

Post by Mr. Dillinger » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:42 pm

I would like to know how they work for you. Have they been installed yet? Your video looks like it was in the middle of winter. I have to give you props for being creative, although I am 100% positive they will not be better then manufactures coilovers and I myself would be a bit on the fence to trust them....there is a reason true coils cost what they cost.....as they are tested and are backed by a warranty.
"everything digital"
Candy White :: MKV :: .:Rabbit
APR 91 :: FK Silverlines :: Carbonio CAI :: AWE Exhaust :: 30% Tint

05gti1.8t
CVO Forums User

Post by 05gti1.8t » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:03 am

^^^^ x2
Brian~
APR 4 program flash
FK Streetline Coilovers
N75R valve
Carbino cold air intake
05GTI1.8T -Live and well
96GTIVR6 - Dead and greatly missed
99.5JETTA TDI - Dead and remebered
ASE Certified Technician
GTI

FVGNGN 1
CVO Member

Post by FVGNGN 1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:50 am

I recommend checking out the roundy round race shops for great deals on coilover sleeves, hats and springs if you want to cobble together your own setup.

I use the Ground Control stuff myself because they are extremely good quality.

techromancer1
CVO Forums User

Post by techromancer1 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:09 pm

there alright for the parts i spend and labor i really slammed my ride now i need some camber hmmmmm! camber kit :lol:

charlie i will be back with more d.i.y :hmmm:
i love oakton treffen

valladar
CVO Forums User

Re: D.I.Y (COILOVERS) under $100 bucks...........

Post by valladar » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:54 am

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comkinozones.rulaserlens.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.rustungun.rulargeheart.ru
lasercalibration.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.ru
mailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.runameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.ru
neatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ru
onesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.rupapercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ru
qualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.ru
readingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.rurectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.ru
salestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.ru
semifinishmachining.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.ru
tenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.rujournallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.ru
kaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.ru
kleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.rukondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.ru
lacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.ru
landingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.rulanguagelaboratory.rufactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.ru
galvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ru
haemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ruhangonpart.ru
haphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ru
heatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.ru