It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Bars in Chicago 
CVO Forums User

Hi All

My brothet and I are in Chicago in a coupel of weeks on business and I was wondering if you could recommend some decent bars to go to and where to avoid? We'll be dining with some clients on a couple of nights but the others my bro and I like to have a few drinks and :bananadance:

We're staying in the Fairmont on North Columbus Drive if that helps with location etc?

Thanks

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:24 pm
CVO Member

red head piano bar for drinks, kuma's corner if you want the best burgers in town, most things near state/rush will be good. also north/damen there's a ton of bars, and division/damen area is good as well. oh, and of course if you've never been then go to the signature lounge at the hancock. bar on the 96th floor of the building. their bartenders don't make the best drinks, but definitely worth the view.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:31 pm
CVO Member

are you looking for more a club, sportsbar, lounge... what? haha, it's tough to tell you everything that's good because there's so much of it.

oh, and if you're into blues there's plenty on the south side... or jazz there's the green dolphin and the green mill on the north side. i've also heard good things about the violet hour if you're looking for drinks/cocktails... no beer/wine there from my understanding though.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:33 pm
CVO Forums User

Some people we're meeting up with have arranged a Blues bar but couldnt tell you which one? I guess we're just after some drinks and good music with friendly atmosphere. What is the club scene like over there because we arrive on a Friday so will have the whole weekend to enjoy before the serious stuff starts?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:40 pm
CVO Member

club scene is... depends how much $$ you have lol. it's also very polish... and russian. i guess you could do the standard downtown clubs; spybar, griffin lounge, excalibur, crescendo. i'm not a big club guy so can't speak to that side very much. really just google "chicago club" and you probably can't go wrong if it's in the loop. they all the same lol.

so i don't forget, if you're looking for a nice relaxed place to grab a bite to eat and a drink hit up carnival (latin food, not mexican, delicious) or for more of a steak then fogo de chao (all you can eat brazilian steakhouse, high quality) is your place.

Last edited by Dybz on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:49 pm
CVO Forums User

Thanks for the replies you've been a great help!

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:51 pm
CVO Member

no problem... i mistyped btw. those places i mentioned in the previous post that are downtown are clubs, not bars. fixed that.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]