Midwest Treffen

This discussion forum is for any general discussions related specifically to the CVO.
got desl?
CVO Director

Midwest Treffen

Post by got desl? » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:08 pm

As many of you have probably already gathered, CVO as an organization will Not be pursuing Midwest Treffen now, or in the foreseeable future.

That being said, we understand that there may be others that wish to revive the name of Midwest Treffen. As a board, we do not see a problem with any individual person or an alternative group doing so. However, we would like to reiterate that CVO will not be a part of Midwest Treffen going forward.

CVO will continue to facilitate Cruise meets and gatherings but will not be affiliated with any larger events.

If you or your group do plan on taking the name of Midwest Treffen and have any questions, please let us know.
Dawid

2010 VW Jetta TDi Cup Edition: 6 spd Lazer Blue A Class Champ (2011); C Class Champ (2012) #902

FVGNGN 1
CVO Member

Re: Midwest Treffen

Post by FVGNGN 1 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:33 am

If I am able to find the time to help organize in any sort of Treffen event, I would absolutely reach out to the CVO and encourage some level of involvement by the club. Not because of any obligation, but just because it would be a shame to have such an event absent the CVO.

GTIRacer2015
CVO Forums User

Post by GTIRacer2015 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:58 pm

I'd like to obtain information used to organize Treffen to see if it's a task I could take on. Would your group be willing to supply that information? Such as costs for location, awards, DJ, etc. If insurance was needed etc. Contacts of sponsors, events locations, award company, etc. I don't want to see this event die and used to look forward to it every year. I think the Chicago area needs this kind of event. I have several sponsors that I have connections with who are interested in such an event. I've tried contacting several board members, however, their are restrictions on my account that are preventing me from actually holding a conversation via PM for some reason. I suppose you could always leave your email in a PM and I could respond so we could communicate that way.

Thanks,
Jason

GTIRacer2015
CVO Forums User

Post by GTIRacer2015 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:51 pm

Dear CVO board members,

Would you be kind enough to supply me with the estimated number of spectators and registered vehicles over the past few years of Treffen? I am doing a survey and looking for a few numbers.

Thanks!